Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Michael Bass and I live in Saratoga, NC. Approximatly 40 minutes east of Raleigh, NC. This is my first year in beekeeping and I am loving it. I have taken a couple of classes in beekeeping and I have an excellent mentor right now that I work with about once or twice a week going in my bees and his. I currently have 5 hives. I am really enjoying this forum and really learning alot from all of you. I want to go ahead and thank you all for sharing your knowledge and being an online mentor to use all.

·
Registered
983 Posts
It's a great thing, isn't it? I started with five hives too. It's a really good to have a mentor. Welcome :hi:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum Michael. :hi: It's a good thing you have a mentor to work with. Starting with five hives is taking a big bite (we hope not a sting). Your mentor should be a lot of help with the chewing. Hope all goes well with each and every hive and that you get a nice crop of honey by the end of the season.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hi Michael :hi:

Ask when you need to and contribute when you can! :thumbsup: That, and have fun whilst doing so, it's a thing we do around here. :wink:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
hi ya michael from the rush river valley! welcome! learn, enjoy, bees=fun.....nothing better(and fun here too! nothing better!) you have a great start with a mentor! looking forward to seeing your posts! don't be shy!:grin:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Welcome Michael. 5 hives to start! Way to go. Good luck and take notes, you'll be surprised how much you'll look back on them next year.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Michael! Its great that you have a mentor to help you along, they are priceless! I am 40 miles North of you if you ever need assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts