Newest Acquisition

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by Sour Kraut, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Sour Kraut

Sour Kraut New Member

2. Paul Cottier

Paul Cottier New Member

Nice! Do you have a dado blade already?

3. Sour Kraut

Sour Kraut New Member

Not for the table saw.

I do any dado work ( frame rests ) with a dado blade on my Radial Arm saw; that way I can see what I'm doing.

4. ccjersey

ccjersey Member

You may find it is easier to do it with 2 cuts on the table saw vs setting up the radial arm

Nice saw!

I picked up a used Delta cabinet saw about 20 years ago. Of course you can always spend more money on accessories but I don't expect to ever buy another table saw

5. Sour Kraut

Sour Kraut New Member

Well, if you do it with '2 cuts on the table saw' and it works for you, great.

I prefer to have the work area facing up, just slide the end board along the fence, done.

I'm pretty much leaving the R A set up to do the frame rest rabbets, I can do rips of sheets of plywood on saw horses with the circular saw, then do further wood-butchering on the table saw.

6. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

7. Sour Kraut

Sour Kraut New Member

Thanks
    Used it a couple hours Sunday, it is in really good shape for its age.......instruction manual was printed in mid-70's.

8. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Member

the older equipment seems to be built to last forever, nice heavy cast iron compared to plastic chicom junk they sell today...lets see the boxes you make...im planning on making some over the winter with luck..

9. Sour Kraut

Sour Kraut New Member

here's the first four...more to come, at least 12 more, for sale, swarms, splits
    IMG_2338.JPG

10. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I have an ancient table saw in my shed, apparently the switch went bad and there is a light switch on it, no safety features, it does work, but until I make a pusher and get a guide on it, and probably change the blade, I'm leaving it alone. I inherited it from an old friend when he could no longer use it.

11. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Member

those look great, do the bottom boards come off or are permanently attached ?

12. Sour Kraut

Sour Kraut New Member

they're attached (3/4" staples)

but I may make some either without bottoms, or with the bottoms attached by screws for easy removal.