Newsflash!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Dec 18, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

You heard it here first folks!

These words are an actual quote that I somehow missed but have since confirmed! (thanks brooksbeefarms for bringing this to my attention) :thumbsup:
    I won't bother you with the rest of the post but rest assured these words were typed by Tecumseh himself!

"I am emulating my hero Perry"

Really, there's not much more I could add to this thread that wouldn't seem self grandizing :oops: except to say thank you Tecumseh, I am flattered! :lol:

2. riverrat

riverrat New Member

congrats perry you have joined a very elite club. :thumbsup: :Dancing: :goodpost:

3. jb63

jb63 New Member

PerryBee ,in order to maintain super hero status you need to contribute with a new tool or technique like the vent device [aka the STICK].You have one year and the clock starts now.Good luck and may the force be with you.

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

well Perry you did give me the laugh of the day :lol: . your status has now been upgraded* to 'super hero with a beard' status.

today my wife and I have been somewhat admiring my progress to date on our kitchen remodel. put down four coats of poly to the old wood floor Saturday and just now set in the sanded and refinished sink cabinet. my back does ache a bit from all the stoop labor... but the new look is well worth the discomfort. at one time I did quite admire the remodel you recently completed via the photo you posted here.... that was a nice job also <grandizing as you might say from one who did that sort of thing not that long ago.

or I could have been referring to my governor and fellow aggie Rick Perry... no, nope, nada will not happen.

*there is a small fee and penalty for any future status alterations.

in all truth Perry I have also been quite admiring of some of your post on the various bee forums. in that regards you are quite an asset to this board.

6. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Oh, I thought he meant Katty Perry or maybe Rick Perry. heh,heh. :)
    Or Luke Perry. Mayber Perry Mason.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

In all truth (now this is a secret so don't spread it around) I was actually named after Perry Como. Now probably 95% of the folks reading this are going..... who?
    My Dad loved his singing and that's how it happened! :mrgreen:

Tec, truthfully, thanks for the kind words.

As far as forums go:

I've tried the rest..............

and Stuck with the Best!

8. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Sorry tec., when i read that Perry was your hero, i thought that iddee had finally got you to change parties. :mrgreen: Jack

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

He finally wised up, Jack. He just won't admit it to the public. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But even I can't back Rick Perry. I'm still waiting for a decent one to come on board.

I got an email today calling the road to 2012 elections ""electile dysfuntion"".

I think I agree.

10. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Not to worry iddee, if they don't come up with the right one Donald Trump said he would through his hat in the ring. :yahoo: Jack

11. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Right now, Charles Manson would look good against anyone either side has.

12. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I think if I were on SNL or was a comedian, I'd be sending a lot of money to some of the campaigns...just to keep them going longer! :lol:

Walt

13. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Have you ever seen Trump's hair in a wind storm? He doesn't have a hat, though he needs one. 'sept it would mess up his hair.

iddee, aren't you gonna vote for Cain anyway?

Perry,
    You sorta look like Perry Como, if he had a nice beard that is. Can ya croon?

14. Marbees

Marbees Member

Perry, read small print carefully :p

about admiring and appreciating your posts, glad it's not just "canadian thing" :thumbsup: :yahoo: :drinks: :Dancing: :p

15. Iddee

Iddee New Member

sqkcrk, I think it's time to look less at the presidential election and try to replace congress. It, both sides, seem to be our big problem.

I'm thinking about a write in vote for TEC for pres.

16. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Hmmmm, tec for pres. and perrybee for vice. I'M IN. :drinks: Jack

17. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

We have a winner!!!!!!! :goodpost:

18. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

i suspect iddee is showing signs of electile dysfuction. and jack's brain is frozen up since he cannot remember to remove his army helmet during a Missouri winter.

tecumseh an obvious and self professed alien for president and perrybee a canadian for vp. certainly the world has gone mad?

i guess everyone has heard of our cognitively challenged governor's latest doing.... retiring from government service to draw a $7500/month check while still getting his check for being governor. how can anyone draw a retirement check from the state and not be retired? all government funds mind you, but the state is going broke according to some and the same folks drawing these large check just want to save me and you from the heavy hand of government?

sorry if I got too political on that one.... i really just have little patience for posers.

19. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Don't worry about the VP candidate. Perry can just say he was born in Alaska. We don't require valid birth certificates for the higher offices any more.