No respect for the elderly!

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Dakine, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Dakine

Dakine New Member

Well! Here we go again!! First removal in over 20+ years. Went in with thinking my girls in the wall would have respect for the old 73 year old dakine guy.
    WRONG again. They attacked me before I had a chance to attack them at 3AM in the morning when I was closing up their entrance. AHHHH. Forgot what it was like to get the endorphines screaming because of a couple stings.
    It HURT!! Second sting wasn't as bad.
    Yeah I was cocky and not wearing a suit! Yep I'm getting dumber daily.
    I'll try and video the entire process.
    Dakine guy!
    Time for grind as the stings made me hungry!

Dakine guy.jpg

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

At 3 AM everyone is home. Best time to "Attack" them is usually mid-day, when the maximum number of bees are away from home, happily out in the fields collecting nectar. Should be a lot quieter then.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Why would you close up their entrance? When I am doing a removal, I want all I can get to fly out and get out of my way. As ef said, get them when there are fewest in the hive. Leave the box for them to gather in and take them to the beeyard at dusk.

4. dr.buzz

dr.buzz New Member

I'm curious, too. Usually you only close up the sole entrance on a section of tree that you are taking somewhere. On a building you usually just want to close up all the entrances except the main one. If you closed up their only entrance on a building, how are you going to get them out?

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Keep at it. Trust me, the 65th sting is hardly noticible. LOL

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Sting photos are especially appreciated! :lol: Extra points if it's on video accompanied by screams, yelling, running, etc. No editing the video like G3 had done either! :wink:

Best wishes on the cut-out! :thumbsup:

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

whada ya talkin about!!:lol::lol:

Might of needed to edit out some dirty words!!

8. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

When I do a cut out and have time, I like to start with a trap out a couple of days before I do the cut out that way almost ALL of the foragers are gone there are fewer bees to deal with. Really works well if doing to cut out from the inside. Jim