Not feeling too confident anymore...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry42001, Sep 22, 2012.

1. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Not fishing for anything, but have cut back on posting to this site, or any other site for that matter, am believing that I am being veiwed in a different light since the incident a few weeks ago, and no amount of explaination makes a lot of difference once one has a initial impression changing it seldom happens. To those of you that still consider me a friend I thank you,,,true friends in reality are rather rare. For those of you that are not then it really doesn't matter to you one way or the other. I am going through a rather difficult time adjusting to the side effects of the surgery I had. I will overcome them, but for the moment while progress in occuring--at times can be quite disheartening. On the brighter side will be camping with my baby ( girlfriend lol ) all next week )Oh Iddee, we will be up in your neck of the woods last week of October, looking forward to meeting you. Again to all of those you that call me a friend--thanks for those of you that don't--I would still want to be yours.
    Barry

2. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Barry,

I have noted that responses seem to be slow on here and on my other forum, and then I remember that I am working about 14 to 16 hours a day getting fall planting done, weeds dug, bushes removed, firewood cut, chickens tended, and feeding my bees, getting them ready for winter. And I don't even HAVE honey...

I for one will call you a friend, I just think we are all busy. And if someone has time to advise me on a faster easier way to build sbb's - I'm all ears, post is in the hardware section.

Gypsi

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

With the surest of knowledge Barry, I am POSITIVE no one views you as anything other than a friend. I never did see what was posted and couldn't care less. We know you and we know you wouldn't have posted anything to hurt this forum. That's a fact.
    Sometimes life presents hurdles and sometimes a rest is a good thing. This time last year I needed one desperately and was absent for a while. Should you chose to do so we will all understand, but please don't for one minute believe you need to do so because of that posting stuff.
    This is family.
    By the way, if you get lost finding your way to Iddee's and happen to find yourself further north........:wink:

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

There are wiser and more eloquent folks that I'm sure will have something to say. But I have found a special comradery here and great advice. IMO, you contribute to both. :)

Also, IMO, you would be much better spending this "forum unsure" time thinking about and being sure with your "baby!" You'll be much better off. :wink:

5. Omie

Omie New Member

Yeah Barry, i never even saw or knew about any of that supposed bad post either, and I suspect not many members even saw it. Don't worry on account of that!
    Get some rest and i hope you feel better soon! :)

6. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Like Perry-I never saw the post, but didn't for a minute think you would post anything that would hurt this forum. Please don't leave on account of what a very few people MIGHT think. We enjoy your posts and your participation here. If you start feeling a little down-log in here. There's plenty of good friends willing to post and even chat. (I love the chat room) :thumbsup: ...

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Barry, I think your suspicions are related to your recent problems. I don't think anyone or anything on the forum has an ounce of animosity toward you. As i stated the day it happened, I thought someone had gotten into your account. I told you that the first correspondence I sent. You just hang in here and relax. All is well on the homefront. I'll be looking for you in Oct.

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Barry,
    I think that here's where we all should give congrats to the moderators---apparently they were the first to realize that it was not you posting anything that shouldn't be posted---and they must have removed it real fast. No one seems to have seen whatever it was that was maliciously posted in your name and that you're feeling bad about. Your reputation is still polished sterling with all of us.
    Now's the time to fully recover from your surgery, without any unneeded bad feelings complicating that. Smiles, laughter and happiness should speed up your healing. We've got plenty of them all for you.
    :grin: :lol::yahoo:

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I am with iddee on this one. Actually if I was to make some comment in regards to the content of your post in the most recent past I had noticed (not that long ago) that your comments in regards to beekeeping had evolved to being a bit more elaborate and well stated. I myself had though as a writer/commenter you had hit a nice stride. Like some of us here you have a somewhat different beekeeping experience* and I myself value these large or small differences and I would suspect most new beekeepers 'should' profit from them as well.

*for some of us this is simply a matter of having moved about a bit and seeing and doing beekeeping in a slightly different manner in each local.

10. heinleinfan

heinleinfan New Member

Having just *today* read something into a comment that was completely and utterly not intended the way I took it...I can say from experience that, yeah, sometimes a paranoid brain can influence things negatively when there's really no reason. So you just tell that paranoid brain to knock it off! :lol:

11. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

from omie:
    "yeah barry......"
    riverbee...........YEAH BARRY, (what omie said in her post) and have some fun. :grin:

also, what perry and iddee said.
    from perry:
    "I am POSITIVE no one views you as anything other than a friend. I never did see what was posted and couldn't care less. We know you and we know you wouldn't have posted anything to hurt this forum. That's a fact.
    Sometimes life presents hurdles and sometimes a rest is a good thing. This time last year I needed one desperately and was absent for a while. Should you chose to do so we will all understand, but please don't for one minute believe you need to do so because of that posting stuff.
    This is family.
    "

btw barry, if you take a vacation be prepared to be 'hunted down', or perhaps look for a post looking for you with a note that says "no more vacations for you...
    THERE ARE RULES HERE :rules:"
    :lol:

12. Gypsi

:goodpost: What Riverbee said!

13. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

lol thank you all for the positive response I truly appreciate it. As for all the " vacation s " Riverbee should you choose to take a similar vacation, let me know would be glad to accompany you ( this time as a observer ) lol. I am taking a week to be with my lady camping in a 23 ft toy hauler we both have cycles. Site is just outside Saint Augustine a beautiful city lots of places to see. Have started working and back to 10 hours days and overtime again. And fatigue may not be helping with the thought processing . Still weaker then I want to be and stamina still not there...always thought mind over matter. My body does what I tell it to...worked well for me for most my life and will again but takes a bit more time to get back to where I was before surgery.
    Barry

14. Gypsi

Barry,

Mind over matter still works for me (I'm over 50) but it does not work at the SPEED it used to work at, and overdoing it only lengthens recovery time. Take your time. Enjoy the ride.

15. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

barry said:
    "As for all the " vacation s " Riverbee should you choose to take a similar vacation, let me know would be glad to accompany you ( this time as a observer ) lol.

i did barry, i went off to montana and didn't quite check in on a timely basis and iddee let me know it in the chat box and perry went looking for me here:

riverbee, riverbee, wherfore art thou riverbee

that's where i got the rules thing :lol: !
    and btw, no observers if you follow me around.....:shock:
    if you get a chance someday, take you and your lady up nw montana way with the bikes, you will love it.

what gypsy said about your recovery...."Take your time. Enjoy the ride."

16. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

we are all still here Barry, you might end up getting sick of some of us but Im sure no1 here feels that way about you, every1 has rough patches in life, getting through them is what makes us stronger, and remember when your ready Ill set you up with as many nucs as you need to get you back on your feet:thumbsup:, heck it be just another reason to drive someplace new, wife and I do it all the time

17. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Zookeep I'll take you up on that later on this year or at the very latest next year or early let me know when you have things available what you need for them. For everyone else Thank you for the encouragement I truly do appreciate it.

Barry

18. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Dont know what I missed Barry, but glad you are on the mend! I have just been playing with honey bees, gardening and being plain lazy to forum much...But of course, put us on that "elite friends list", too!

19. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

lol of course you all are on said " Elite Friend List " and again thanks for all the support--as yopu all have experienced at some point and time in your life, there seems to be a point when things conspire to get you really down, sometimes being told to get your butt up and get going is good, other times alittle of that with some softer tones is the ticket, greatly appreciate you all enduring one of the few episodes of depression I was experiencing, I NEVER like feeling like that, and seldom allow it to creep in to the forefront. Thanks again
    Barry