Not much to post about

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by crackerbee, May 21, 2012.

1. crackerbee

crackerbee Member

Guess some of you(regular posters) have wondered why I've not posted much lately,it's mainly due to not much going on with my bees.We're in the peak of the Spring flow,and due to lack of rain there's not much blooming here.I had .87 inches of rain for April,and 1.51 inches for May,and normally we have 4 or 5 inches each month.I'm having to feed 4 of my nine colonies,because their stores are so low,how frustrating is that?:frustrated: I did a hive inspection last weekend,and If I extracted now I'd maybe get 2 or 3 gallons of honey between all 9 colonies.

The bees aren't the only things suffering from lack of rain here,my veggie garden and my lawn are dry as a bone as well.Guess my cost return for saving money growing my own veggies has flown out the window having to water every other day,at least I have a well,I couldn't afford it if on public water.

If anything breaks and gets better(beekeeping that is) I'll be sure to post it.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I was wondering. I just thought you were working all the time! Not good for you, but good for us, :wink: :thumbsup:

3. crackerbee

crackerbee Member

I have been quite busy with work lately Perry,but even if I wasn't the story stays the same with the bees unfortunately.:sad:

4. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Same boat here crackerbee, little or no rain, almost nothing flowering, I held off buying an extractor just cause I'm. Not even sure I'm going to need it this year, I have 2 nines full and a six ready to extract but I might have to just give it out to the hives if things don't get better

5. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I'm in central IL and it's starting to get really dry here. We got 0.03" at our house last night but just to the south (as close as a mile away) they got a good soaking rain. We're not to the point where there isn't nectar available but I've been having to water parts of the garden that just got planted and the raised beds that don't retain water very much. I fear a hot, dry summer here.

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

crackerbee said:
    "I've not posted much lately,it's mainly due to not much going on with my bees."

have plenty going on right now crackerbee......with the beesies..... you can come and help me for some entertainment! :lol:OMG, flying by the seat of my coveralls again this weekend.....:lol:
    solar fencers, bears, nucs being robbed DURING A FLOW, and weather creating havoc.....checking bees in the rain.....and moving bees, i think i'm tired:grin:
    seems i never lose the stress of worrying about my bees......
    i like your chat posts!!!

7. crackerbee

crackerbee Member

Rain,solar fences and bears "Oh my"[​IMG]

I just couldn't resist Riverbee:lol:

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

so when you coming to help me out.....:lol:
    a girlie can't even find time to go FISHIN' lately.....