Not wanting to bee critical, but

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by PerryBee, May 28, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I seem to be having mucho trouble getting the forum online lately. Many mornings, and even a couple of times through the day.
    Is there some type of maintenance being done?
    Finding it a bit frustrating. :|

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I've been having similar problems. About 2 hrs ago I worte a few posts and when I sent them in, the computer couldn't connect and the messages were lost in the process of trying to reconnect.
    Sounds like we're under a cyber (denial of service) attack. Who would want to do such a thing to such a nice site?

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I have sent a PM to Charles and Austin, asking for an explanation. Maybe one will be on shortly. It is still early where they live.

4. Mosti

Mosti New Member

I had this problem too.

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

me too, some quirky stuff, pages not fully loading or taking forever to load, posting is slow, editing posts, denied,says i need admin, post's going poof.....:grin:

6. BKF

BKF Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about the issues guys. We were having server problems that are we are working on resolving now.

7. Crofter

Crofter New Member

There seems to be a lot of occasions when the forum is very, very slow to respond. How about a little more info on the nature of the problems and prognosis.

8. BKF

When is it happening? Do you have a time it started and how long it lasted?

Any help you can provide me will go a long way to determining the issue.

Also is anyone else experiencing slow load times?

9. kebee

kebee Active Member

It has with me also, it is when I have been on 15 to 20 minutes and usually in the afternoon.

kebee

10. BKF

Can you tell me more? Are you having pages time out? What time is it happening?

11. Crofter

Crofter New Member

It was this way some time before I posted. I have not noted though, whether there is a pattern to it.

12. Iddee

Iddee New Member

When it happens here, I remove cookies and let it reload. It has corrected it each time so far.

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

At one time the time it took to load a page was posted at the bottom of the page. It may help to put that back in operation.

14. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

austin,
    like frank (crofter), experience a slow load, or continual reloading of a web page, from the home page to a thread page, and slow or a freeze in the chat box. i do run the latest firefox, have high speed internet, and all plugins are up to date. like frank i have not really paid attention to time of day. this evening, it started for a little bit, then bk forums froze up, i received a warning about shockwave flash:
    "shockwave flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding, you can stop the plugin now, or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete."

my plugin for shockwave flash is up to date. i am wondering for myself, if these problems coincide with having the ads at the top of the pages?

also not to be critical, :grin: maybe the guys appreciate these type of google ads, but i really did not, and i also understand how these ads work, and i know i can mute the ads and change the preferences but this is what i saw this evening......

google ad.jpg

not sure how dressing up for grownups relates to keeping bees.....?! .....:lol:
    choosing my look? well i'd be wearing something white with a veil on my head, and a pair of tennies/boots on my feet.....
    some of you beeks wear flip flops......i have worked bees in a lot of different clothing.......er.....or lack there of under coveralls......but i can say for certain, i have never worked bees in high heels......
    :grin:

15. G3farms

G3farms New Member

choosing my look? well i'd be wearing something white with a veil on my head, and a pair of tennies/boots on my feet.....

Why you wearing a wedding dress to play in the bees????:lol::lol:
    Just could not help myself River!

16. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Welcome to my world..........la la la la la :wave:

at least you're still probably faster than 26.4 kbs

17. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Totally off thread but in answer to post #15: 63185_438053909582995_2129873987_n.jpg

18. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

g.....
    "choosing my look? well i'd be wearing something white with a veil on my head, and a pair of tennies/boots on my feet....."
    "Why you wearing a wedding dress to play in the bees????:lol::lol:
    Just could not help myself River!
    "

.......:lol: touche g !!!! guess i wasn't too specific, the wedding dress and veil on the head, and flip flops (sandals then) are saved for a hot june wedding, (of course pi$$ing off the mother and mother-in-law)......not saying i did that......
    anyways the white BEE jacket, white BEE coveralls, BEE VEIL, boots and tennies are for playing with the bees....and can't say i worked bees in a wedding dress either.....:lol:

ps greg, like jb, you guys have HAMSTERS running your speed.......:lol:

ps austin, the ads? :grin:

19. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Is that you gunny????

and i thought River had issues :lol::lol:

20. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Aint me.
    Mine has long sleeves. :eek: