Now that's what I call a buddy

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by crackerbee, Nov 14, 2011.

1. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

I had the pleasure today of meeting one of our new members that joined about a month ago,Re Jones.
    A few weeks ago he offered some extra cutouts that he may not have room for on his "This is getting ridiculous" thread about alll the cutouts he was getting from where he works,and offered me some any time he didn't have room for them.Soooooo being the can't turn down free bees beek I'm am,I sent him a PM with my contact info for if and when he had a cutout he had no room for to put them.
    Well R.E. called today right after I got back from hunting up in Ocala Fl. last weekend,and said he had a cutout that needed a home.I gave him directio0ns and he came over and we hived them in a 5 frame nuc I had vacant.We saw the queen once ,but lost track of her and decided to just load them up in the nuc,then check I'd in a week or 2 to see if the queen made it in.

R.E. is the 3rd person I've ever met on all the forums(most not related to bees)I've been on and served on,G3farms then Iddee were the first 2 I met and just as much a pleasure of meeting the 3rd. fine forum folks as was R.E. Jones.

Sorry Iddee we didn't get any pics,but it was a smallish cutout with only 1 good frame of brood,but don't worry I'm sure this is just the 1st. of many meetings with myself and R.E. Jones,it certainly was a real pleasure to meet up with him.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Already met 3 members! :thumbsup:
    Any wonder this is posted in green? :mrgreen:
    It's called ENVY!

3. RE Jones

RE Jones New Member

It was a pleasure meeting you also. I guess though, you would be the first I have met on this forum.
    If all the members here are anything like crackerbee, you have a great forum here, and I plan on staying and bothering all of you fine folks with a lot of newbie questions.
    Robert

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Well, we've got some good ones, but I have to admit, Crackerbee is exceptional. They just don't come much better.

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

RE:

It's not a bother-it's a pleasure. I'm a first year beek, going into my first winter with 3 hives. I learn more from questions that others ask than I do from the ones I ask. As far as I'm concerned-the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the forum members, but haven't been able to mesh schedules. That's why I don't like work-it interferes with my beekeeping. :rolling:

6. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

you guys are close to me, anything you guys dont have room for.... pick me :D think Ill build more nucs, gonna start ordering frames in packs of 100 :lol: on a more serious note yes what James did was cool, nice to know that theres good people still out there.

7. RE Jones

RE Jones New Member

Zookeep, you are a little farther away than Crackerbee.
    If it keeps on going they way it has been out there at work, I may just start stacking them up side of the road and give several people a call and see who gets them first! :lol:
    What I plan on doing is just what you said, build a couple of nuc boxes and start stacking them up and start filling hives when they fill up the nucs.
    Robert

8. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Robert just bring them to me and I'll relay them down to Zoo,that way I get to meet him.

9. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

lol that will work or holds a sign up like the bums in the intersections "will drive for bees" :rolling:

10. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Those ain't bums, Zoo;

They're underpriveliged homeless folks who are just misunderstood by society.
    They are willing to work-just look at the signs "will work for food". Until you try to get one of them to work. On several occasions I tried to get one of them to come and unload a trailer. A contemptuous look was the mildest I received.
    I do like your idea of the sign about driving for bees.