Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling any size observation hives. The prices are as followes:
Three frame oak=$210
Three Frame Pine=$175
Four Frame oak=$260
Four frame pine=$200
I am also open to making custom observation hives. Send me a PM with how many frames you would like it to be and i will give youa quote. All observation hives include a feeder and a entrance slide.

Three frame pine observation hive

Feeder and entrance slide
Please visit my website for complete descriptions:
http://mowbrayhoneyfarm.com/observationhive.aspx

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
hey jordan long time no see. I like the idea off the entrance slide to close off the entance. does it have a screeen in it to aid in ventilation when closed up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No there is not a scrren in it but that is a great idea! But there is ventilation all along the sides.
I have 5 sold so far.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
JordanM said:
No there is not a scrren in it but that is a great idea! But there is ventilation all along the sides.
I have 5 sold so far.
wayt o go sounds like you are having success. I have a ob hive similar to what you built in the past. The one with the opening door. M quession is when you started building them with slide in glass did it help witht he beespace problem that ob hives with doors are famous for

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes now there is always 1 3/4 from glass to glass unlike the doors where the bee space was often unpredictable.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
yea I ran it up until late last summer I lost it and havent got it started back up. Keep thinking im going to pick up a small swarm some time. However swarm calls this year have been down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts