Off to school

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G3farms, Aug 17, 2010.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Just dropped our second daughter off at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville to start school. Her first class is in the morning and she is staying in the dorms on campus. She is only 30 minutes away but I sure will miss her and her Mother just cried big ol' tears. I know she will be OK but still worry about my girls.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

You wouldn't be a daddy if you didn't. It's tuff, but you have to let go.

My guess is she will sleep better tonight than mama or daddy. :D

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

them little girls will always be your little girl no matter how old. My daughter posted pictures of her and her boy friend on face book giving each other a little peck on the ole smacker I told the wife I was going to put a stop to that. She said lighten up your little girl is 16 now and growing up guess it was just a jolt of reality

4. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Here's something I picked up off the Beloit College web site about the class of 2014. To this year's freshmen:

1. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
    2. John McEnroe has never played professional tennis.
    3. Doctor Kevorkian has never been licensed to practice medicine.
    4. Korean cars have always been a staple on American highways.
    5. Honda has always been a major competitor on Memorial Day at Indianapolis.
    6. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess.
    7. The Post Office has always been going broke.
    8. Czechoslovakia has never existed.

Yeh, I feel really, really old!

Walt

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I guess spit balls are totally out of the question in school today.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I showed the girls how to shoot spitballs when they were young one day at mc donalds, the wife was NOT impressed. we had a blast anyway. I would guess the school would classify spitballs as a bio-hazard :lol:

Walt I thought the post office was always going broke also, but got a chuckle out of all of the rest.

7. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

There's something about the kids leaving home that just jerks some tears ain't it?! I just got home from visiting with my oldest girl and the grandbabies and I still cry when i have to leave her behind like that!

8. Charles

Charles New Member

They grow up so fast don't they, prolly seems like yesterday when you were bouncing her on your knee and telling her stories :queen: My wife had some big tears yesterday when we took our little one to his first day of kindergarten :)

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

The first day of school is sad, mom walked me to school and when i walked back home after school they had moved. :mrgreen: Jack

10. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

Funny how different it is with girls... My boy(6) grabs his bbgun and takes the dogs on a tour of the property for two or three hours and when something challenging happens we just consider it a learning experiance and let him handle it. He's tough and he's smart and so are the dogs... no problem.
    When sister(5) walks out the front door I have to know right where she's going and the whole time she's gone I'm listening for her cry... I have to call grandmas and see if she made it okay...Can't help it. Mom and the boy are the same way with her. She's smart and capable as well but when it's YOUR GIRL it's just different. :roll:
    I tell people at church that the reason we go is so my son can have lots of girls to choose from and I can have lots of nice young men to choose from for my daughter.
    Glad I'm not in your shoes, mine's never gonna grow up so I don't have to worry. :wave:

11. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Haha, CP you sound just like me!!! :D

12. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I try to watch over my girls like an old brood hen, they just laugh at me though. I tell them when they get kids of their own they will understand. They sure worry me to death some days but never let them see it.

Mama beek I had some of them tears also, even though she is just 30 minutes up the road, I could not imagine being that far away from my kids.

13. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Oh I'm sure you did have tears! 30 minutes is half of a whole hour away after all. ;) We keep on trying to persuade my oldest dd and her husband that 1100 miles is just too far away to be survived.

We say it all the time....... Baby Beek is NOT allowed to leave home. :|

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

>>>>We say it all the time....... Baby Beek is NOT allowed to leave home. <<<<

Then ya better set another plate at the table, cause the family ain't big enough for her in a few more "days? Months? years?"

15. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I think I could live with that! :p

16. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

:) You are really old. Who is Clint Eastwood? :) Just kidding.