Officially Soggy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hobie, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Well, they announced today that today we broke the local record for most rain in a year... 54 inches. And it's STILL raining.

No wonder I've not gotten any outdoor work done, or even been out on the sail boat much.

Hope Mother Nature gets this out of her system... at 1" of rain equaling 12" of snow, I shudder to think of the winter!

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

meanwhile a record drought here :mrgreen:

3. ShaneVBS

ShaneVBS New Member

poor girls, im sure they are tired of it to

4. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

aww, I sure hope you get some sunshine soon!

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

A few years back (3 or 4?) we had over 6ft. of rain for the year, and in the early 50's a drought similar to the one tec. and Walt are having now in Texas. Given the choice i'll take the rain.This year we had to much rain in the spring (couldn't get an early crop in) then drought (every thing burnt up). I hear myself saying what all my farming realatives before me said. Well maybe next year. :roll: Jack

6. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Good point Shane... I need to heft the hive and see if they need feed before winter. Supposed to be dry tomorrow, but most of the asters are now past.

The good news is my asparagus should be happy. I was told I had a poor crop this year because the patch did not have enough water going into winter last year.

7. Walt B

Walt B New Member

What Jack said.

When we moved here in the spring of 2007 I thought the house was built on a swamp. By July we had our average yearly rainfall total.

This year we are 17" below average to date. Of course, if we had enough rain to make up the difference, we'd be back to that swamp thing. :shock:

Walt