Oklahoma Honey Law

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Bsweet, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

2. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

The way I read it, it looks like it might be a slight improvement?

3. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Yes I think so to, seems to set a honey standard. Jim

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

another government intrusion into my freedom!

in the case the freedom to acquire a bit of medical waste tainted honey in china, add a bit of water for filler and sell to some unsuspecting citizen of Oklahoma or Florida*. the long term implication are that by driving the price down so low (by selling such a low quality product) you drive everyone with a moral code out of business.... so in some short period of time you need not compete with the 'do gooders' of the world.

*of course in Florida you would add a bit of chemical to approximate the smell of orange blossom just to lure in the unsuspecting winter tourist.

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

The lady that is spear heading this drive for honey standards spoke a couple of years ago at our state bee meeting. If I remember right she is from florida.

6. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

The way I understand it, it's just the opposite... it seems to exempt beekeepers from Title 63 article 11 of the Oklahoma Statures if the apiary has been inspected by the state apiculturist... which to me reads as though they are just slightly backing out of the intrusion... but just slightly.

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

thanks for the added information Bens....

actually I am all aboard for honey laws and origin of product specification. I think no bee keeper profits by 'looks like honey' type product. just call me biased.