Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buried him today. twelve years, three months, two days. Natural causes.

He will be missed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So sorry to hear that Iddee. I've wept for every four-legged pal I've lost -they are precious, and they deserve every iota of our love, and all of our tears when they depart.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Old men do cry. They have learned the value of the things that are important in life and miss them all the more when they are gone.
So sorry Iddee.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Sorry for your loss Iddee, I went through the same thing last September 1when I had to put Rowdy down. He was on the road with me for 10 years.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Sorry for your loss Iddee. I lost one of my old boys in January, natural if a tumor on the pancreas is natural, I put him down when he was too sick and miserable.
Cried for a week.

The other got put on a diet, but he isn't getting any younger so I got him little sisters. I love them too deeply to ever only have one dog. again. bout killed me when Bandit died.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
So sad for you and the misses Iddee. After a while they become one of the family. Like children that never leave home. On the positive side the right decision was made and all his pain and suffering is gone.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It is always a tough time. We just need to remember all the enjoyment they brought us. Tom

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
sorry for your loss Iddee. Them dogs become a part of you

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sorry for you losing your companion, know how you feel, have lost 2 of the best dogs I ever had and it is not easy to let go, still think of them quit a bit.

Ken

·
Registered
582 Posts
Anyone that doesn't cry over the loss of a good dog, doesn't have much of a heart.
​My Condolences, Iddee

·
Registered
211 Posts
One of my girls died last summer at 13- my other girl is 14 and totally deaf. We communicate by hand signals and there will be many tears shed when she goes. Nobody loves you like a good dog.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you weren't crying I'd be worried.
These critters work their way deep into our hearts.

Sorry you lost your pup.:cry:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I can empathize with your loss. A good dog becomes part of you. The loss of a devoted pet it like the loss of a memebr of the family. 12 years is a long time to be together. 163120055_sad-dog-cartoon-pet-sympathy-card-for-loss-of-pet.jpg
​Maybe it's too soon to make the suggestion, but how about getting a new dog as a replacement. Start with a youngun and it too will be with you for a long time.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts