on vacation

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zookeep, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

ok Im ooouuuutttaaaa here for the next week and a half, any1 near cedar key florida come on by and we party some, staying at a wonderful place called the pirates cove, has 1,2, and 3 bedroom cottages, just me and the wife (kids are not allowed on the island) thats our rule:thumbsup: 150 count fresh clams for $15, steaming them and drinking just about anything I can think of !!!!! I will be sober and posting again sometime after the 23rd, see you all then

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ha! Have a good time and take that all in...hope it goes slow for ya....

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

[​IMG]

wish i was near cedar keys!!! have a great vacation!

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Cedar Key was one of my old haunts during weekends when I was in college at the University of Florida. at that time it was totally undeveloped and a great get away place.

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

sounds like fun have a great time see you back when the hangover clears out and you can see straight again:grin:

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:lol: :thumbsup: :Dancing: :drinks:

7. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

well, Im back and that had to be 10 of the best days I have ever had, Tec Im sure its not changed much since you were there, if anything its gotten a bit slower, cindy and I ate sooo much seafood, we bought clams at 1 of the local aqua farms, steamed 200 1 nite and 4 days later another 100, then fresh scallops and lobster tails and corn on the cob, partied every night (even had Ballys in my coffee in the morning) we did a bar crawl down the strip 1 night, funny thing is Im not much of a drinker (but I sure learned this trip:lol:). Took 2 pics of the main strips and 1 of the cottages we stayed at. I would recommend this little island to any1 that needs some time to get away from the world.

Attached Files:

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I'm soooo jealous!
    Anyplace that has golf carts running around on the streets is pretty laid back LOL. :thumbsup:

9. Murrell

Murrell New Member

What ever you do don't go to Sun City Az.!!

Golf carts are street legal, and every " older " ( and they are all older ) resident has one, and they drive just the way they want to. There are even parking spaces for golf carts only in the shopping malls.

Seems odd to be passed on a 4 lane street by a golf cart, driven by a elderly lady talking on her cell phone.

Oh, I'm 72 and young in Sun City Az.

Murrell

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a zoo keep snip..
    well, Im back and that had to be 10 of the best days I have ever had, Tec Im sure its not changed much since you were there

tecumseh:
    the streets now appear to be paved and at the time we took a bottle and a few cups down to the beach.... which was really not a beach but more like a sandy spot with a boat launch and one picnic table. at that point in time (late 1960's) Cedar Key had the appearance of a place quickly headed to ghost town status.