One sad Family,and One Happy Family

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Nov 13, 2013.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Well we sold the cabin and 40 acres last week, i've been hauling the tractor and equipment back home and last Monday i moved the 8 bee hives to another out yard 6 miles away (56 acres) with rattle snake creek running through it.:thumbsup:.Three of them had 2 deeps and 2 med. on them and weighed over 100+ lbs. and was about all this old man could handle:shock:. The temp. was 62 F. and i had to remove the supers before i could budge them, i took iddees advise and didn't use bee - go, i smoked them down and set a empty super on the ground in front of the hive and dropped the full supers on top of it to remove what bees that were left in the supers. A bad mistake on one super,it had plastic foundation full of honey in it and when i dropped it to remove the bees it blew the bottom bar and honey filled foundation out 0f the frames on 4 of them:eek:, needless to say the girls wasn't happy about it, but the other hives seemed to enjoy it:roll:( another reason to dislike plastic foundation) I don't think i have to tell how the rest of the removal went,but i got it done :thumbsup:.As i was leaving my son called me and said he just got off work and wondered if i needed any help :razz:, it was 3:30 pm. It was kind of sad to say good buy to the cabin that my son and i built together, but we didn't use it anymore, the people that bought it are from K.C. Mo. and fell in love with it to use on weekends with there children, our deer season starts this weekend and i seen some targets where they had sighted in there rifels.:sad: Jack

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

On the bright side Jack, with all that extra cash you have now, there is no excuse for not visiting us here in Tundraland! :thumbsup: :yahoo:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Perry, get your dictionary and look up the word "WEATHER". Jack has many inches of excuses. :rolling:

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

ah yes a sad moment... but then again often times it is just the right time to 'let it go'.

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Jack, how tall are you? It seems to me I remember seeing a pic of you and you are a tall feller. Never mind, the handles on the snow blower can be adjusted. It's time for you to experience new things Jack!

6. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

S_ _ T biower. i'm still watching the wife mow the yard,:grin: I would love to come up in your country some day. Close as i ever got was Little Falls, Min. (in the service), They made fun of the way i talked, but they talked so fast i couldn't understand what they were saying.:lol: I've never drove a dog sled and i've never seen any for sale around here, so if i come up your way it will be in the summer, besides i have cattle to feed.:lol: Jack

7. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"A bad mistake on one super,it had plastic foundation full of honey in it and when i dropped it to remove the bees it blew the bottom bar and honey filled foundation out 0f the frames on 4 of them"
    jack you actually admitted to using plastic foundation??? .........and ps, it wasn't the foundation, it was operator error........:lol:

"Jack, how tall are you? It seems to me I remember seeing a pic of you and you are a tall feller. Never mind, the handles on the snow blower can be adjusted. It's time for you to experience new things Jack!"
    perry, jack's a 6 foot and something BIG SQUIRT......:lol:

jack, folks in little falls, minnesota are all german, polish or norweigan, and i think some migrated from north dakota.......that's why they talk funny.......:lol: sorry to hear about the sale of your cabin and 40 acres, but now you have more time to relax; drop frames of honey.... 'set' on the porch drinking a cold one while you watch your wife mow the yard for ya, and maybe you could build yourself a dog sled and teach your cattle to pull it so you can visit perry in tundra land, you could feed them along the way:lol:..........
    or maybe just build a sleigh and get yourself some horses.......:lol:

:grin: