Only a keeper would!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Aug 10, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

So my wife, son and I are driving back from a day in the city (Halifax). About 20 minutes from Home (Wolfville) we see a 1 ton dually flat deck in front of us. At first I thought it had a skid of concrete bags on the deck. As I drove past it (4 lane divided highway) I notice that it isn't concrete, but 50 lb bags of sugar! :shock:
    I look at my wife and said "Looky there, must be a beekeeper".
    A few miles down the road we have to stop for road construction and I realize the guy and his wife in the truck have pulled right up behind us. I figure I've got a couple minutes before traffic starts to move so I jump out and walk back to the truck. The driver rolls his window down and I introduce myself and then ask if he's a keeper? His wife bursts out laughing (so does he) and guess what? He is! :thumbsup:
    He's about 45 minutes further into the Annapolis Valley than I am but I figure I've got another road trip in me. (gotta find out where he gets his sugar and how much $$$) :lol:

2. ablanton

ablanton New Member

*LOL* When I'm hauling my sugar across the parking lot, I figure people think I am a moonshiner!

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

What a sweet story! :D

You've got a good eye, Perry!

4. CharlieB

CharlieB New Member

Takes one to know one!

5. BoilerJim

BoilerJim New Member

That is really cool.

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Perry, you gotta learn Tecumseh's techniques---he should have been signed into the forum by now. :lol: