Ontario Beekeeping Manual

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by kemptville, Apr 3, 2012.

1. kemptville

kemptville New Member

Does anyone know what the revised year of the Ontario Beekeeping Manual is?

I have the 1993 version and am curious to know if its worth the $45 to get the revised copy.

2. riverrat

riverrat New Member

this has my curiosity up. I have never heard of this manual. Is there anything comparable to it in the US. I might want a copy just to read and compare for myself.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Don't know about Ontario's Beekeeping Manual, but there have been a lot of developements since 1993.
    I have an online version of Ontario's bee disease site. It has great pictures!

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/food/inspection/bees/honeybeepestphotos.htm

Kemptville, if you want a copy of this years Ontario 2012 bee treatment recommendations, let me know, I can forward you an email with a pdf file.

4. kemptville

kemptville New Member

Riverrat

I don't know of anything similar in the US but I'm sure you could use the Ontario Manual just the same.

Here's some information about the Manual which you can purchase through the Ontario Beekeepers' Association online store at http://techtransfer.ontariobee.com/index.php?action=display&cat=61&v=177. It has a lot of great information and like PerryBee said a lot has changed since 1993 so the updates would probably be beneficial.

Ontario Beekeeping Manual (with an emphasis on Integrated Pest Management) - $30.48 (+ GST) - 208pgs

- The Ontario Beekeeping Manual provides guidance and information about the honey bee colony, equipment & attire, seasonal management of bees, winter feeding, honey bee health and marketing your hive products. Expert input from the industry provides the best information for keeping bees in Ontario and surrounding areas.

I would imagine the basic information is pretty much the same with the exception of the IPM which must be updated often.

PerryBee, please shoot me an email about the Ontario 2012 bee treatment recommendations - it would make a great addition to my homemade bee bible. Thanks a bunch!

Marc

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Good pics on the link Perry, thanks.

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Marc:

Send me a pm with your email address so I can forward you the email I have. I don't know how to do it through the forum pm.