Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Thanks for posting. A nice video, calming music, and a good catch.
Like the bee yard in the last part of the video, very nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Nicely handled catch of a goodly sized swarm. Keep us posted on how they perform as the season progresses.
Who was the "brave" photographer? :coolphotos:
She/He should be given credit. :drinks:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Nice job, nice video!
I like the soothing music....lol!

Good that you put the pine branch across the entrance of the vac overnight, to make them think twice about their new location before just flying out. Your homemade hives look nice- what kind of finish do you use on them?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you liked the video. I’ve been getting Minwax brand stain and mixing up the colors so they are a little different each time. Usually 3 coats and spray them with a few coats of clear gloss polyurethane.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hey watchdog is that the final resting place of the new hive?

I see you are running screened bottom boards but have it sitting on a (what looks like) a big flat rock, just asking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
G3farms said:
Hey watchdog is that the final resting place of the new hive?

I see you are running screened bottom boards but have it sitting on a (what looks like) a big flat rock, just asking.
No I'm moving it over to my tables(about 40 feet away), just need to make room on the middle one. Also, I removed one hive body. I used 2 for the 1st day because I could get them to agree to fit in at 1st and wouldn't go down :lol: .

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Using an empty box on top of a box of frames with foundation or comb works very well as a funnel.

You are a fast box builder also, the look good!! How does the poly stand up to the weather?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts