Our chat box has been updated.

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Charles, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Charles

Charles New Member

Just an FYI for everyone, the chatbox at the bottom of the main page has been updated. There were quite a few folks asking for sound so sound is what they got. Keep in mind that the sounds will only happen on the main page, not on any other page.

I can't forget about those that don't like having sound so you folks have a new setting in your user control that allows you to turn the sound off by default. In fact if you don't want to be bothered by the chat then you can turn the whole block off, I wouldn't recommended it though. You never know what you might miss.

The only bug I have found, that I can't seem to get fixed, only affects users of the Internet Explorer browser. Sometimes there is a 3 to 4 second delay in the sound.

I hope you enjoy it, and if you run into any issues please post them here or send me a PM

Charles

2. riverrat

riverrat New Member

kbooom "the rat has entered the forum" Dissapointed you didnt use the shotgun going off to notify others of my presents among them. Anyhow Good job I think this will help liven up the chat

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Going out on a limb here, just for you rat.

Charles is there a way the user can put in a customized sound? I know you are busy as a bee and if it is not doable I understand, but rat sure wants to hear a shotgun sound :lol:

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

heck yea how redneck is that :thumbsup:

5. Charles

Charles New Member

Sorry, adding custom sounds would take alot of code changes :) how about we get you a shotgun ring for your phone :hunter: :mrgreen:

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

And then we could phone him when he is in a line up at the bank! :mrgreen: :hunter: :mrgreen:

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

it would be worse at the airport :shock: :lol: :lol:

8. Charles

Charles New Member

Just make sure you have a belt on :Dancing:

[youtube:9oz1t0la]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz40HslLxFg[/youtube:9oz1t0la]

9. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Rat was that you?!?!

I would hate to think every time rat signed into the chat and it made a shotgun sound his pants would fly off :lol:

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

You guys are just to good. First you got me working at adding punctuation. Only to find out you got a video of me out shooting my shot gun(Rat bowing his head and kicking his right foot into the dirt)