Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
"Giant Pumpkins"

Are those of the Howard Dill variety Don? He was crowned champion grower several times and is credited with developing the strain that most giant pumpkin growers use today. He lived in Windsor, Nova Scotia (20 minutes from here) and only passed on a couple of years ago. They still have a yearly pumpkin regatta there where the hollowed out pumpkins are used in a "boat" race across the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSWRHC8LUz4

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great looking garden Don,should be a bountiful harvest with all you planted:thumbsup:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Updated Pics from today...

Right to left 2 Rows of Tomatoes, 2 rows of Green Beans

Sweet Peas then 2 rows of Cucumbers...

Next is Sweet Peppers...they are small took awhile to grow...the Catalope them Pumpkins...Sweet Corn Acroos back...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lets just say that I got sick of seeing weeds yesterday and when I start something I don't stop til it's finished...the wife helped pull a few too but when I started in the 8 rows of corn she had enough LOL

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
If this is for home consumption, you're really going to feast. Hearty apetite. It looks so healthy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes rain does matter unless you have a lake to pump the water from or a good well, water here is high priced and a good rain waters more than we can.

kebee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts