Out of touch for a week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamabww, Dec 7, 2011.

1. bamabww

bamabww New Member

On December 1st, I had surgery on my right foot to remove a bone spur that had grown out of my big toe where I broke it and two others 30 years ago. The bone spur had grown back toward my foot and had made the big toe rigid. It had been hurting for a couple of years but I kept putting it off until I finally had to get something done about it.
    I've been laying on my back with my foot higher than my waist for 6 days and today I went back for a checkup to the surgeon. Everything looks good so far. Now the hard part starts with rehab by moving the toe back and forth to restore flexibility again.
    And that really hurts. :( But I can start putting weight on it once again as much as I can stand and have a walking boot to wear in lieu of crutches.

Finally up enough to get back to my computer so maybe I can keep up to date again. Hopefully able to attend our club's Christmas dinner tomorrow night also.

2. rast

rast New Member

Sure hope every thing goes good for you and I can sure understand the rehab. Been there, but not with a foot.

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

hope you get up and back in service soon.

4. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Good luck and keep at it...you'll be glad you did. :thumbsup:

Walt

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I had surgery on my right foot next to my little toe, (bone spur) i woke up during the surgery and ask the doctor what that grinding noise was, :lol: i didn't feel anything but then everything went black. I ask the doc if i woke up during the surgery and he said i did, so i didn't dream it.I was walking on it in three days, never gave me much pain like before.The bad news is i think it's growing back. :shock: Jack
    PS. that surgery was six years ago.

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

You've always got the bunch of us to lean on! :mrgreen:
    Best wishes on a rapid recovery.

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Hope you have a speedy recovery bama, didn't mean to make my other post about me, but it brought back old memory's. :mrgreen: Jack

8. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Bummer! I hope that doesn't happen to me or you.