Overbay Cutout

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by jmblakeney, May 5, 2012.

1. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Sorry for the quality of the video about 1/2 way through, I don't know what happened with the camera. These bees had been spray with about 5 cans of HotShot. [​IMG] This was a very hard one to do b/c of the location of the hive and the design of the roof. They were just out of arms reach.

You could really tell they had been poisoned by the way they were acting. Poor girls. When they were on the comb they seemed ok. But when we were getting to the end of the cutout, they sure acted like they were on there last leg. Hope they make it......

So everyone knows I had to wear a jacket b/c I am in a wedding today and didn't want to go with a swollen eye.

Enjoy the Vid....
    [video=youtube;NXJnmI_q8zQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJnmI_q8zQ[/video]

James

2. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

Great Job and that sucks about the poison... Quick Question do you have to scrub all the equpt after becaus of the poison... and did the homeowner tell you they did or just let you find out yourself?

3. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Good question Medic. I think a good washing of the plastic will be in order. I don't know if the bees will make it or not.

When giving the estimate they didn't tell me about the poison at first but after talking to them for a while it came out that they had already tried to kill them and now was just going to get them removed. I told them the price just doubled b/c of that. They didn't like it and was going to get some other estimates. I told them to make sure and tell them that they had been sprayed. They then told me to just go ahead and do it.

James

4. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

You Guys do a great job... is it worth saving the comb? could the poison be embeded in it? Also If they dont make it will you reuse the super and frames..or toss them or maybe save them for cut/trap outs that have been poisoned?

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Good for you James and G3, sticking to your guns when they informed you of the poison.
    Annoying when people aren't upfront about that sort of thing. There should be an added cost because of it. :thumbsup: