Package and Queen suppliers list

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Tyro, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Tyro

Tyro Member

I have the first version of my suppliers list. It is not yet complete - many have not posted or made their prices available. Shipping data are to my zip.

As always - my notes are for my personal use and not intended as an endorsement or condemnation of any individual supplier, their bees or other products.

Mike

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9st3AJ3ns2wUHdZZks2M2RGNkU

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Your link is password protected.

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

hmm 5 frame nucs for looks like 120 or more, seems a bit high, Im still at 15 a frame and 25 for the queen so 100 and I just do a few for who lets me know ahead of time.

4. Tyro

Tyro Member

G3 - I have set access to 'anyone with a link'.

Zookeep - The nuc data is based on about 12 suppliers who provided information. The least expensive in the set is $99/nuc. I can still make my own (from a local source) for 15/frame as well. Add the queen and that puts my nucs anywhere between $80 and $90.

5. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I do the personal touch, I deliver and help install, love seeing the peoples faces and reactions , they get so excited and happy, but my wife is like "your selling our babies?" so I dont much, like the pic of the nuc I posted yesterday thats ready is going into a full size hive now not to a customer, love how hooked the wife is now:thumbsup:

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

This year ALL of my nucs have already been spoken for and/or sold. In quantities of 100 at a price per frame somewhat greater than zookeep per frame price with the buyer supplying all the queens. I maintain final say so of when the nucs are ready to be shipped.

7. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

Bweaver sells five frame nucs in a special box for $185.00 each, and he sells out every year. You fellows may be selling too cheap.

8. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

185 is greed plain and simple

9. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Its what the market will bear. In northern areas a lot of nuc producers are sacrificing honey production to raise and sell nucs Just when the hives are getting in to full size 10 to 12 frames of brood. If left and supered the hive would be ready to gather a honey crop in another few weeks. But instead the beekeeper pulls 2 nucs out of the hive Knocking the hive back 4 to 6 weeks and having to hatch and raise a queen from a cell placed in the hive. Most years no honey is gathered from hives used for nuc production.
    What is the price of hive rental for pollination? Up hear $45 to $65 for fruit $130 for canola and that only gets you the use of the bees. Some feel it is a lot but when you factor in time preparing the hive delivering and picking the hives back up, for any less it's not worth while doing.

10. ablanton

ablanton New Member

You know what Gordon Gecko said . . . "Greed is good". *LOL*:rolling:

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You can take winters apiary off of the list since he is out of business.

12. Tyro

Tyro Member

G3 - I took Long Creek off because his website specifically says that he is out of business.

His 'Winters Apiary' site does not state that he is out of business, so I left it up. I am aware of that 'whole situation' though! :roll:

13. Tyro

Tyro Member

14. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

thanks for the list tyro.....
    as far as long creek or winters apiaries....
    fyi to all his business is on the tennessee division of consumers affairs buyer beware list again this year, published february 2013.

"Companies that fail to respond to a notice that a complaint has been received by our office are placed on the Buyer Beware List for a period of three years from the date the complaint is closed."

i might add, he owes many beeks a substantial amount of money.

buyer beware