Painters wanted!

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by PerryBee, Apr 9, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Almost finished the major wooden ware construction for this spring:
    19 deeps
    I forgot how many mediums, 20 maybe (I will need to build at least 50 more by this summer)
    26 solid bottom boards
    20 telescoping covers (metal is enroute)
    All I need is paint and a bunch of friends that I can liquor up! :wink: :mrgreen:

2013 woodenware 006.jpg 2013 woodenware 002.jpg 2013 woodenware 003.jpg 2013 woodenware 001.jpg 2013 woodenware 004.jpg 2013 woodenware 005.jpg

2. marios

marios New Member

"friends that i can liquor up" made me wish i lived closer. How many hives will you have by the summers end? they look great

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Thanks Mario:

I have 29 currently, and want to hit at least 50 by summers end. I want to sell some nucs (have orders for about a half dozen so far) I pretty much have the gear for that and more (well, except for the mediums).

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"All I need is paint and a bunch of friends that I can liquor up! :wink: :mrgreen:"

:lol:.....life is good isn't perry? just don't liquor them up first and then paint........yikes.....:lol:

5. Minz

Minz Member

I have done about half that this year. Stack them with a fence staple between and hit them with a 12” roller. I just paint as I go. I just finished building 5 nucs that I can hang for traps and the same amount of ‘nuc supers’. I got a primer down and a base coat of ‘sand’. I am going to camo up the whole works. I am at about 6 hives now and want to double for the year. I got three times as much equipment as I can use now (been building hard this year and last). How do you get that much drawn foundation?

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

"I got three times as much equipment as I can use now"
    Wanna bet? :wink: You may only be a couple of good months and a swarm or two from being short of gear. :mrgreen:

7. ablanton

ablanton New Member

Yeah, tell me about it! I was planning on going from 2 to 4 hives this Spring. Went from 2 to 7 in one week and they are still wanting to swarm! As mentioned in another thread, I lost one swarm and am back down to 6 hives. At least it freed up a hive! I was completely out and scrambling to build more.

8. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Perry all you are missing is the harbor freight tarps, air fare, and some silver cans..:grin:

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

One day Tim I hope to be sitting across from you sharing and comparing a few of those silver cans!:thumbsup: :lol:

10. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Wish I was closer cause painting Hives is one thing I can do with one arm and mine are all painted and waiting for bees April 21st...

11. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

This is where a good airless sprairer would be handy 15 minutes to paint them and 1/2 hr to clean the paint sprayer after. Looking good Perry. you managed to get your wife to shovel the snow, maybe you can get he to help paint. Or this could be a father son bonding moment.

12. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Heck yeah, I would be there yesterday if I didn't live so far away from the Tundra...too bad too, cause we could have maybe slid in a good game of tether ball....hehehe....:grin:

13. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Buddy, after I retire and am looking for some place to go in the off bee season you know Ill be knocking on your door with a cold box of silver cans :drinks: