PennApic wins state award

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by BjornBee, Mar 10, 2012.

1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Pennsylvania Apiculture Inc., and the Pennsylvania Backyard Beekeepers' Association has been awarded the "Governor's Award for Environmental Excellence" for 2012.

There were 15 winners selected for various programs and topics. 83 entries were submitted by associations, businesses, and academic institutions.

PennApic is the first and only bee association to ever win this award. PennApic has built a network of learning centers throughout the state, maintains hives at the Governors mansion, has an outreach program that includes overseeing the National Honey Be Day program, among other items. As we approach our second anniversary this coming summer, it is very rewarding to see PennApic grow (approaching 400 members) and their contributions to the bee industry and the overall environment.

I want to thank those who are members, those who supported various PennApic fundraising, and those that run National Honey Bee Day programs all across the country.

Thank you.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Congratulations :thumbsup:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Great news. It's a wonderful accomplishment.
    Hope the success continues.

4. jb63

jb63 New Member

Ditto what they said.And congragulations.

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

and hat off to you Bjorn for your efforts there.

'backyard beekeeping'... I do like that. anyone that promotes bee keeping, promotes us all.. no matter where we might live.

it has come to my attention that our own state organization needs some attention. evidently no one in that organization has payed much attention to the steadily dropping membership rolls and attendance at state meet ups. perhaps it is just me... but in attending some of their organizational meeting they seem way to focused on 'the honey queen' program and not much else seems to happen. casual observation seems to suggest it has become an outlet monopolized by the home school crowd.

any advice on revitalizing and refocusing a state organization intentions and focus will be highly valued.