Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Boy, that's gonna be nice when you're done. (wish I had a dedicated honey house). Sigh, maybe this year?
Nice stack of new gear in the wings too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
That is awesome! My workshop has been taken over and I might as well call it my bee room. I would say a work bench, shelves, fridge with refreshments and some music and you will be set...:grin:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
nice looking set up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I haven't Greg....but that sounds super fantastic! I will have to check that out...I am more of a Depot man but I get some things over at Lowes...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Drooling!!!!! I find extracting to be a NIGHTMARE. My Dad and I did it with "bare bones" equipment and it was a pain in the rear. =( Maybe once I do it a few more times and make enough money selling honey, I can get me a motorized radial extractor (my idea of heaven). Or....if I could just catch and sell a few more swarms.....
=) =) =) (YES, I just caught my first swarm yesterday and am STILL like a kid in a candy store!!)

·
Registered
419 Posts
A question and a couple of ideas:

Will you be extracting in this room as well?

You might consider building a designated area for the extraction with the walls covered with something you can wash down with clear water from a hose. I'd look at either ceramic tiles or plastic milk-house paneling.

You could even build an over-sized shower stall with a floor drain and set the extractor directly in it (with a hose connection instead of a showerhead).

This would provide a small area that you could close off with plastic sheeting to keep free of sawdust and other debris between harvests. Techically, this is a food service area after all!

Just a thought.

Great room!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A question and a couple of ideas:

Will you be extracting in this room as well?

You might consider building a designated area for the extraction with the walls covered with something you can wash down with clear water from a hose. I'd look at either ceramic tiles or plastic milk-house paneling.

You could even build an over-sized shower stall with a floor drain and set the extractor directly in it (with a hose connection instead of a showerhead).

This would provide a small area that you could close off with plastic sheeting to keep free of sawdust and other debris between harvests. Techically, this is a food service area after all!

Just a thought.

Great room!
i like your ideas. i am planing on removable - disposable craft - butcher paper wall 3 foot up the walls..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts