Pictures of Honey Bees by Jonathan J. Weber

Discussion in 'Bees' started by tmrschessie, Aug 5, 2012.

1. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

A friend of mine Jonathan J. Weber has graciously allowed me to post some pictures he has. I will put only 4 pictures on at a time. Tom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

3. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Thanks for sharing. There are a couple in there that are extremely fine examples. The second and fourth photo in the second post specifically. It is very difficult to get a good macro photo of a moving object.
    Wonderful color and very fine detail in that last image.

Thank your friend for us.

4. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

5. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Here is the camera and lenses Jonathan Uses for those who were curious. This is his answer (in bold print)....Tom

I am using an older EOS Canon 30D DSLR camera, a pro camera that came on the market in early 2006. I bought mine new in October 2008.

For those kinds of insect close-ups, I use two different, interchangeable lenses. About 85% of the time my go to lens is a Canon EF 28mm-135mm zoom lens in its macro mode. The other is a Canon EF 100mm-400mm telephoto zoom lens. It doesn't have a macro mode, but its minimum focusing distance is only 6 feet. That translates into a lot of image magnification with the zoom at 400mm.

6. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

I get my best Macro photos with a Canon AE-1 and a 70-210mm macro zoom lens. That is an old school film camera though. My digital camera was a Fuji Film 5000 with both aperture and shutter speed priority etc. Very good lower priced camera. The lenses are not changeable but it has a fine zoom capability. Not as good as the canon but plenty good enough for the weekend warrior.