Pie for breakfast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jb63, Jul 18, 2011.

1. jb63

jb63 New Member

About fifteen years ago while hunting over in eastern Oregon my uncle Jim asked the question" how do you feel about pie for breakfast?"Well I said I've never given it much thought.If the pie is there and it doesn't have a caution sighn on it, then it's fair game.What kind of question is that any way.Jim replied "I just want to know what kind of a guy I'm hunting with."Then he informed me that some folks won't eat pie for breakfast,but he's not one of them.Well , they would be pie-less if they hung around me.What prompted me to tell this story was when I opened the frig this morning to get out the milk.There it was a cherry pie. Mmmmmmmm pie.So if you don't eat pie for breakfast that's your choice,it's a free country.Just don't ask me who ate all the pie. [​IMG]

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I had sweet potato/pumpkin pie for breakfast today. Cherry sounds even better.

3. Omie

Omie New Member

Honest to God, I just saw this thread right after I had ice cream for supper. [​IMG]

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

that must have been the before shot, If that was in my frig there would have only been a empty pan......mmmmmmmmmmmm cherry one of my top ten pies to eat.

5. jb63

jb63 New Member

G3,your quite observent.The after pic has nice streight lines with no soupy mess on the bottom of the pie pan.

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I say it all the time and my kids quote me when there is pie for breakfast....Pie is THE perfect food. It fits right in at any time of day, but it always tastes the best for breakfast :)

7. jb63

jb63 New Member

All this pie talk made me hungry,so I liberated another slice.I can't believe how lucky I am.My 20 yo son broke up with his gfriend and he's not thinking strate.It's touch and go wheather there will be any left for dinner.If he comes to his sences the pie has no chance.

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

with women on the brain the pie will be safe!! :lol: :lol:

9. Omie

Omie New Member

Pie for breakfast- the Original, and still the Best- miles above 'Pop Tarts'! :D

10. jb63

jb63 New Member

The hard line lunch and dinner only faction seems to be a silent minority.That's good news. P.S.this isn't the time,but maybe the place to discuss the highly controversial rhubarb.mmmmmmmmmmmm

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

OK then pie for lunch and dinner :yahoo: :yahoo:

Nothing wrong with rhubarb either, it is one of the 20 pies on the top ten list! :confused: :lol: :lol:

12. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

Not only do I eat pie for breakfast, Devil's Food cake comes in a close second! With my morning coffee...mmm! That cherry pie looks absolutely mouthwatering.

Never had rhubarb pie, mainly because I don't don't anybody who grows rhubarb; but I'm sure if a certain member reads this, I'll have a lead on a rhubarb patch by the weekend, LOL!

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Sorry, but my patch was left in Illinois. I would have to have it shipped in. Of all the rhubarb recipes I have tried, I have never found one that tasted like anything. It is the most tasteless food I have ever eaten.

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

rhubard pie... sinkin' your teeth into one of those most definitely that will get you properly pegged as bein' a yankee.

15. jb63

jb63 New Member

I don't know the history rhubarb and yankee's,but it probably has something to do with the curse of the bambino.This rhubarb is kind of a touchy subject.Some like strawberry/rhubarb but that doesn't really float my boat.The three I can work with are a rb./custard,rb.cinamon cobbler and my mom's rb. pie.

16. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a snip..
    I don't know the history rhubarb and yankee's

tecumseh:
    I may be wrong but I think rhubarb requires a cold temperature to thrive. I can recall a patch or so from my childhood in West 'by God' Virginia but I have never seen it growing south of there.

17. jb63

jb63 New Member

Now I know. I did know you grow it on the north side of the house.

18. Zulu

Zulu Member

Seen it growing here in Greensboro NC, been wanting to talk to the owner as I grew up on Stewed Rhubarb and Rhubarb pie back in South Africa

19. jb63

jb63 New Member

I went to my inlaws and asked permission to do some trimming.Left with eight stalks.Now I need to convince my tired wife to make some pies.Yes pies ploural,dose,multipull.See I'm the only one in my house that likes rhubarb so she'll have to make a whole nother pie for her and the kids.It's a win win situation.

20. jb63

jb63 New Member

She threw me a curve with cherry rhubarb.I just didn't see it comming.So we ended up with a cherry and a cherry rhubarb.I don't think I've ever had that combo before.It's good,reeel good.As for taste it's a little tart, but good.Iddee, you could deffanately taste the flavors.Do you see the humor in a c an of slimfast behind a pie? [​IMG]