Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first cold weekend we have had. Killed and quartered 2 and hung the meat. Will cut and wrap tomorrow and/or Monday.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Ohh yeah! remember those days.
Barry

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
None of that in my neck of the woods. ;)

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NOPE, but there are likely foods there that I've never eaten.

Although, with my range of food items, it is probably just because I haven't had the chance. I will eat about anything that doesn't eat me first.
:shock: :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
How are you about cats and dogs?
We have farm laborers in the country from Thailand who are experienced in "eliminating" them for protein rich meals. I wont's say what else they are reported to feast on just that some pest species have been suffering a reduction in their numbers.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wouldn't as a choice for normal living, but can't say for sure I haven't. I have eaten a number of unknown meals in Viet Nam, which also has absolutely no stray cats and dogs.

Also, if there were nothing else around for a few days, watch out fido and kitty tom.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
there use to be stories told (lies I am certain :roll: ) a bit south of here in relations to the absence of stray dogs and cat relative to 'the best place in town' to get the best tacos.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
NOT FOR THE SQUEEMISH
I recall a few years back, there was a plane crash in the Andes mountains---it was feared that all aboard would be dead since the wreck was not found for a very long time. When the remainders were found, several people had surivived---but several others could not be found at all. Only after a while was the truth of their amazing survival exposed. Let's leave it at that.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Howdy efmesch. Yes, there was a book and movie made of the Ande's crash. That was 72 days of survival in a horrid situation. I may be mistaken, but I believe they did account for everyone at the crash site. The decisions involved to eat from the bodies of the dead reveal a lot about human nature *and* the differences between individuals. The accident took place in 1972 and the book and movie were not until sometime afterwards, but books and movies were not as graphically portrayed back then as they are today so both are not too bad to read/watch....movies and books relied more on content back then than they do today.

Another incident was "The Donner Party" back in 1846 out west here in the USA...California. Small party of pioneers traveling to California were stranded by very heavy (10-15 feet?) snow. That was a more "extreme" situation with possibly murder involved. A possible "boogie man" survived and later opened a.....restaurant. :shock:

Ed

·
Registered
711 Posts
We could post a sticky in the Intro. "This website you will find all types of good useful posts from beekeeping, to pig harvesting, down to eating humans if you are stuck in the mountains." :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
How's this for a return to (vegetarian) sanity?

I LOVE HONEY

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Many years ago around Thanksgiving, all the neighbors (15 to 20) would gather at joe's farm (across the road from me ) bring there hogs for butchering, we set up a assembly line and killed, scraped, gut, and hung 25 to 35 hogs over night and processed them the next day in his use to be, dairy barn made into a butcher shop. With meat saw, chopping blocks, slicers, and meat wraping table. He had a enclosed milk truck bed (junked) with a stove pipe running into it from a wood stove on the outside of it, for smoking hams and bacon.Everyone (but the hogs) had a good time pulling tricks on each other and telling stories. (mostly lies :mrgreen: )All but four of us are gone now, a dying breed. :( Jack

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
brooksbeefarm said: "All but four of us are gone now, a dying breed." :( Jack

Perry responds: "That just makes those of you left all the more valuable to the rest of us Jack!" (especially here!)

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
When I was studying entomology in the University here, I was informed that as far as occupations go, entomologists on average have the longest life expectancy. I'm sure that must include beekeepers, after all, who could qualify better as an entomoligist?
Jack, keep on for a long long time, if only to prove the point. ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
the hogs have slap torn up my propery....had 7 run in front of me the other night.....its bout time to skin an grin }:)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Iddee said:
I have eaten a number of unknown meals in Viet Nam, which also has absolutely no stray cats and dogs.
Can't say I've eaten any either, but did have a lot of fish and fresh water crabs that would miraculously hatch and grow in ditches during the rainy season.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Iddee, Nice lookin' hog, great setup! Do you make any link sausage out of the guest of honor? If so, mind sharing a little insight on recipe & ratio's?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts