Pigeon Mountain ventilated FULL suit question

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by adamant, Apr 15, 2012.

1. adamant

adamant Member

Pigeon Mountain ventilated suit question, thinking about getting a full suit because i over heat wearing jeans in the summer..
    does it have pockets for hive tool?
    easy to put on and off with shoes on?
    can i wear shorts under it?
    i am 6' 270 lbs.. what size?

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I've got a ventilated suit but not a Pigeon Mountain one (Ultra-Breeze) There are zippers up both legs from bottom to hip so should be easy to put on while wearing shoes.
    I'm 5'10" and 190 llbs. and I got an extra large and it fits just a wee bit big (so really it's just right).
    I have to say I am really looking forward to using it this summer, just wearing it and walking around the house it felt "breezy." There are two breast pockets and two front pockets that are almost impossible to see. Also a solid pocket on back for holding hive tool.
    From what I am told, shorts should be fine.
    JPthebeeman has a short video about another style of jacket that looks pretty good too.
    The advantage with Pigeon Mountain is the price. :wink:

[​IMG]

3. jim314

jim314 New Member

That suit looks good. I wish I had bought one of these suits/jackets last year before spending the money for a couple of regular jackets. Texas heat can be brutal.

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

No zippers in the legs, hard to put on over boots. There are pockets outside for hive tools. I got the fencing veil (like Perry is handsomely modeling). I don't care for it. I think I'm going back to the round one. My ears touch the side of the fencing veil (I guess I have Dumbo ears). I went to their store to buy it. It's a neat store with lots of interesting stuff and they're nice people. This suit is not made in USA.

There's pictures on my blog: http://gregsbees.blogspot.com

5. adamant

adamant Member

looks like mann lake has them to. looks the same and free shipping
    http://www.mannlakeltd.com/mm5/merch...Screen=page110