PM issues

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Hobie, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I've been trying to send a PM to a member, but it just sits in my Outbox. I can't find a way to actually send it. Is there something wrong with the system? or is it, er, "user error"?

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It sits in the outbox until the member opens it. Then it will move to the sent box. That way you will know when it has been read.

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Ah! Thank you. My computer ignorance is showing. To be clear, I really do not expect ANYONE to reply over the holidays. I just had a thought and had to write it down before it vanished.

4. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

So if a message is never opened, was it ever really sent? Kind of like the "If you don't hear the tree fall, did it really fall? :D

I had no idea that is how it worked either. Not that I ever read anything when I joined.... :roll:

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It was sent to the server, but not to the recipient. Only when it is opened does it go to the recipient's computer. It's like it being in the post office box. Not delivered until it is picked up.

6. Charles

Charles New Member

You hit it on the head iddee, the cool thing about that is if you want to make a change to the pm after you send it then you can go to the outbox and edit it before it's delivered :)