Podcast poll

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by Iddee, Jan 17, 2011.

What do you think of podcasts?

1. They are informative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I wish there were more

38.9%
  3. I listen often

5.6%
  4. I seldom listen

38.9%
  5. I never listen

16.7%
  1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I was asked by Fatbeeman for help on posting a poll. I hope I got it right.

2. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

thanks I ddee

your the best.
    Don :thumbsup: :drinks:

3. Redcrane

Redcrane New Member

You left out 1 question. "Do you know what a podcast is ?"

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

A podcast is like a radio talk show, conducted on the phone and recorded. If you haven't listened to one, you should. They can get quite interesting.

Here's one featuring Fatbeeman. Give it a listen.

http://somdbeekeeper.com/

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I don't have anything to listen with!

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

All Right!! Who stole Hobie's ears. You can bring them back now. She doesn't have any place to hang her glasses. :eek: :mrgreen:

7. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

I guess I should have made the post more informative.
    for the pod cast.
    just trying to get a feel if there is enough interest in doing more.
    Don

:wave:

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I have listened to a couple of them and there is some good info on there. There is always somebody that will ask the question you are too scared to ask. :confused: :mrgreen:

9. Murrell

Murrell New Member

Sorry, I'm still on Mo-d-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-m-m.

Murrell

10. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Eh? What's that you said, iddee? Speak up!
    :lol:

11. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I never have set in on a pod cast not sure I would even know how to but would be intereested in taking part

12. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Rat just click on one of the posdcast, it is just like listening to a radio talk show. These would be good to have on tape to listen to while driving down the road.

13. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

hello
    part 2 is up and running if interested.
    Don :yahoo:

14. milapostol

milapostol New Member

How does one vote? I like podcasts, but the beekeeping ones I've listened to, the podcaster stops after a couple podcasts after getting my interest up!

15. G3farms

G3farms New Member

scroll up to the very top of this thread and you will see the poll.

16. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

well pod cast #3 is up and running if you like them leave some feed back or he wont do any more on small cell beekeeping.
    Don

:drinks: :beg:

17. SoMDBeekeeper

SoMDBeekeeper New Member

Don is an excellent guest on the Podcasts. We have done two series so far. The first one (done in three parts, or episodes) we were all over the place because Don knows so much I was like a kid in a candy store jumping from one thing to another picking his brain.

The second series I got a little more organized and focused. I'm calling it the "Beginner Series" and its aimed squarely at folks who have been keeping bees only for a few years or less. (maybe they don't even have bees yet!) I wanted something in the podcast collection that would get newbees off on the right foot. So many times they take a short course from their local club and then they are stuck regressing bees and trying to ween bees off of chemicals etc..etc.. I say lets get em off on the right foot to begin with!

But, that's not to say the veterans won't learn anything by listening to this series. Don always give so much information that there is bound to be new concepts and techniques in there that the old timers have never heard of.

That makes me think about a local club meeting I went to last weekend. There was a lecture given about "robbing" and techniques to prevent it. After the lecture I talked with the presenter on the side about what Don had taught me. (when robbing starts take the lids off ALL the hives and the robbers go home to defend their own) The guy laughed in my face, literally, and said, "in 34 years of beekeeping I've heard no such thing." He said, "let me know if you try that one son..." and he continued to laugh at me.

Anyway, it just goes to illustrate how stuck in their ways some folks are. On a positive note, there are A LOT of people that are really receptive to Don's teachings. In fact, he has broken all of my download records. Thousands of people have listened so far and the numbers spike daily. I am so appreciative that he is doing this.

So, the second series also has three parts and the first will become available this weekend if anyone here is interested.

One last thing concerning the podcast episodes; I have taken extra care to make sure each episode is under 80 minutes in run time so you can burn them onto audio CDs and listen to them while you drive!

Best,
    -=Craig