Poisoning

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Barry Tolson, May 30, 2010.

1. Barry Tolson

Barry Tolson New Member

I got another call tonight from a frantic fellow who had a swarm...only to learn, after asking the usual questions, they he had sprayed the bee's with some poison...got stung pretty good...didn't kill the bee's...and was now looking for someone to bail him out of his bee trouble.
    I politely declined...keeping my seething anger (and urge to call him a dumb_ss) to myself. I "did" however advise him to call somebody else.
    How are others handling such calls? Does anyone ever go ahead and collect such a swarm for a fee and simply take them a good distance away and release them? I had the thought of doing that and quoting him a really high fee, just to see if he was that desperate yet, but decided against it.
    I'm interested to hear what others may have done under similar circumstances.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

If they have been sprayed I will usually politely decline and walk away. I always ask over the phone if they were sprayed, that saves me a little gas money and my time.

G3

3. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

had one the other day. The guy sprayed "just a little". I found lbs of dead bee's in his basement even. He had a real nice swarm but didn't know who to call. His wife works for the city who has my name for the past 3 years as a bee swarm collector. Pissed me off a bit. Told him he screwed up and left.

4. Monie

Monie New Member

I charge a minimum of $100 to remove sprayed bees. I have to replace equipment in addition to keeping them in a different outyard, which is a pain, so they don't contaminate my bees.