predators or just part of the clean up crew

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Ray, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray Member

The sun came out and the temperature climbed into the high 40's (F). On the landing board of one of my hives, was a daddylonglegs and he was eating a honeybee. There was a second one waiting his turn. I was surprised that the spiders were active at that temperature.
    I really need to advance into the digital age. I really would like to take some pictures from time to time.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

janitors would be my guess.

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"janitors would be my guess."
    and btw ray, how would you know the daddy long leg was a HE.........:lol: it was probably the wife out fetchin' the food.......:lol:..... you know, kinda like jack sitting on his front porch drinkin a cold one watching his wife mowing or perry's wife out shoveling snow, or perry teaching her how to run the new snow blower......
    :lol:

"I really need to advance into the digital age. I really would like to take some pictures from time to time."
    yeah you should ray. you know christmas is coming you might ask for a small digital camera........oh but wait ray......aren't you the one that chose a beard over a wife.........:lol:
    okay then, buy yourself one for christmas, and upload and post pictures here, would love to see some pix........:lol:

aren't you glad you posted this thread?!!!!..........:grin:

4. Ray

Ray Member

and btw ray, how would you know the daddy long leg was a HE[​IMG]

[​IMG]cause it would be a Mommylonglegs if it was a she?

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

[​IMG]cause it would be a Mommylonglegs if it was a she?

.......thanks ray........:lol: