Progress :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bitty Bee, May 20, 2011.

1. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

After 4 years with the bees we finally got the hang of a few things! We managed to double our hive numbers (from4-8), sold 2 and have 2 more sold as soon as the couple are ready to come get them!!! Yes, that leaves us with 4 again but, I'm not done multiplying bees yet. :D

This may seem like a small victory but it feels huge to us!!! I was so excited I just thought I would tell y'all. Besides, it's been so long since I've been on the forum I really needed to catch up with y'all. :D

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is great Baby Beek!! You are truly making progress and I know you have a good mentor close by ;) Don't it make you feel good being able to sell something you have worked hard on!

3. rast

rast New Member

That's great!

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

4 hives are much easier to carry once converted to wallet friendly.. :D

Congrats.

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I mentored one of our club members 4yrs ago and he now sells hives to new beeks and other beekeepers. He now makes more money selling bees than i do selling honey :mrgreen: Jack

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

congrats on the success you learned well from your mentor. you one day may be selling bees to him :Dancing:

7. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

Thank you everybody! :D I do have a wonderful mentor and I can't imagine what a sad shape we and our bees would be in without him, that is if we had bees at all! Yes, Idee, hives converted to wallet friendly are much easier to carry! :Dancing:

We made another split and a nuc today so we're at 5.5 now, so long as the two new colonies rear their queens and such. With the honey flow on and all the pollen available they should do fine.

We had a family come get in the hives today! I have more fun watching people be fascinated by the bees then they have being fascinated with the bees!

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

always good to hear your updates Baby Beek.

I sent three more of my offspring off into the world yesterday. kind of sad to see them go but fun to think about folks just learnin' about keepin' bees.

9. Omie

Omie New Member

WBB- congrats, sounds like you really have it going now!

10. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

Excellent job, dear. I'm so tickled for you.

Iddee and I were talking about you and your family the other day when we were extracting. I was just curious to know that y'all were still doing well and things were good. Glad to hear good news from y'all. Tell your Mom I said 'hey'.

11. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

Thank you every body!!! We might have another hive if the swarm we caught today will stay. :D My fingers are crossed.

Mom says, "Hi ladyleo! We miss y'all"! I knew someone had to be talking about us, my ears were ringing! ;) I'm just picking, we wondering how y'all have been too.