purple prairie clover

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by srvfantexasflood, Dec 2, 2009.

1. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

I know the bees go for clover, but how about purple prairie clover? Has anyone seen their bees working it? I purchased some seed from a land owner in the Flint Hills of Kansas. I plan to put the clover in my pollinator garden.

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I would love to have a little of that clover growing here too. I don't know for sure but I seem to remember bees on it when I was younger and harvesting it for teas and salves. It's great stuff!

3. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

If you are interested:
    This is the seller's name and email address. I saw his ad on Craigslist. Here is his ad.

Packets of locally collected native prairie wildflower and grass seed for sale for $2 for a packet of 50 to 100 seeds. Seed collected this fall, 2009, ready for seeding this fall/winter/spring. I will mail the packets to you.

Main wildflower species are: pale purple coneflower, purple prairie clover, kansas gayfeather, grey headed coneflower, rough blazing star, button blazing star, maximillian sunflower, sawtooth sunflower, jerusalem artichoke, compass plant, partridge pea, rosin weed.

Main grass species are: big bluestem, little bluestem, indiangrass.

"Glenn Fell" <gtfell13@hotmail.com>