Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boxes have had 1 week to cure out in the garage. When would be the best time to get them outside ready to go? Wondering if they need some weather on them to air out" more or will leaving them in the garage till time to use be ok. Now, I do a lot of metal work in the garage so wondering about fumes. Are covered right now. Or, could but out in the shed.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Set them outside on your hive stands. Set them up as you are going to use them. If you have not installed wax foundation, wait until just before getting bees to do so. If you have, tape all entrances tightly to keep pests out.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the plastic pierco frames with wax coating. Why should I but the frames in now?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh! good point! A newbie would not have seen that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
586 Posts
PerryBee said:
kebee said:
Hey that would be great, you will have another hive of bees, just get another hive for the new bees.

Kebee
Now that's some smart thinkin right there! :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
Yes it is ;) I've got two sitting out with "For Rent" signs and two in reserve.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I painted my hives yesterday and made the mistake of painted the wrong side on the bottom board, should I try to remove the paint it is only one coat or dose it really matter, oh yes it is a screen bottom board.

Kebee

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
""made the mistake of painted the wrong side""

Which side is the wrong side? I paint both sides of a bottom board.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey than I am ok on it, I though that you were not to paint the side that the bees were to use, thank you Iddee, not going to worry about it now.

Kebee

·
Registered
10 Posts
Set them outside on your hive stands. Set them up as you are going to use them. If you have not installed wax foundation, wait until just before getting bees to do so. If you have, tape all entrances tightly to keep pests out.
If all entrances are taped, How do the swarms get in ??

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Since I found hives with grass growing through screen bottoms and to the top of the second deep, I have went back to solid bottoms, with no regrets.

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
How do you have grass up against
A hive and not have ants?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts