Queen Issues? part 2

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by ndm678, May 30, 2012.

1. ndm678

ndm678 Member

I had a friend take some pics of a hive inspection today. I got in contact with the seller and she urged me to check on them today (Crappy weather for the next few days). I couldn't tell if I saw eggs or not. I decided to lean on some of my new friends. Do you see any signs of the next generation? I must say the girls are extremely docile. I used one puff of smoke and I was completely left alone.
    Beehive 006.jpg Beehive 015.jpg
    Beehive 005.jpg Beehive 009.jpg Beehive 013.jpg

Attached Files:

2. dr.buzz

dr.buzz New Member

Pictures need to be higher resolution to see eggs, especially on that light comb without the black plastic foundation.
    IMO.

3. Omie

Omie New Member

Those pics look like areas of nectar storage. maybe there were eggs on other frames.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

See if your camera has a "macro" setting. I didn't realize mine did until just a few weeks ago. I've had it for 3 years now! :doh:

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a snip..
    I must say the girls are extremely docile.

tecumseh:
    queenless bee are never extremely docile. based on your description of disposition I would assume there is a queen in the box... whether she is laying properly is another question for another day.

6. ndm678

ndm678 Member

I don't think she's laying period. If she wasn't fertilized properly she would at least be laying drone eggs. I do believe that she is in there because they are so gentle.

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

When i click on the bottom picture (thumbnail) it looked like eggs in the cells on the right side of the frame and most of the eggs(white spots) are on the side of the cells? Am i seeing something else? Jack

8. heinleinfan

heinleinfan New Member

That's glare from off the nectar, eggs aren't nearly that big.