Queens and Nucs

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by tecumseh, Jan 24, 2010.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

As in prior years I will be offering a small number of medium and deep nucs for sale this spring with three choices of queens. The choices of queens will include BWeaver (purchased and mated queens) and my own Cordovan and Minnesota Hygenic Queens. Price for the deep or medium nuc is $105/nuc with a BWeaver queen and $80/nuc with a Cordovan or Minnesota Hygenic Queen*. I also have available cardboard deep nuc boxes for an additional $8/box charge.

All nucs are made up with 4 frames of bees, brood and feed. Once a queen begins to lay I add a 5th frame with new foundation. This provides something for the bees to work on if pick up or transfer is delayed for any reason.

The nucs are for pick up only with NO frame exchange. Deposit is either 25% or the purchaser's own box (single body hive plus top and bottom... absolutely NO JUNK accepted) delivered to my residence. All order are delivered first come/first served based on when I receive deposit money (or equipment).

The first nucs should be available beginning the second week in April given no unusual spring weather.

I will also have available after April 1 a small numbers of Cordovan and Minnesota Hygenic Queens available for postal shipment to Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. Price per queen is $18 plus postal delivery charges of $5. Queens may also be picked up here.

*Customer Favor? One of the downsides of offering multiple choices of queens is the queens will almost never make up in proportion to customers orders. If you MUST HAVE a particular variety of queen in the box please tell me so in advance. If you are a bit more flexible in the choice of queen in the nuc inform me of this also. In the past when weather problems have limited one choice I have had no problem 'upgrading' to a higher valued product or providing another acceptable choice of queen in the nuc. This small favor allow me to first know the customer is getting what they want and secondly for me to worry less and enjoy beekeeping more.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Bookings for spring nucs is now closed.

3. Derek

Derek New Member

Are any Cordovan queens available in April?

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

After the nuc order are filled there should be some minnesota hygenic and cordovan queens available... likely starting in or about the middle of April thru June (or until the shb and the heat halts the queen rearing).

5. Derek

Derek New Member

It's almost mid April. :mrgreen:

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Does almost count?

7. Derek

Derek New Member

In my book ..Yes. lol