Question On trapping out.

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by alleyyooper, Jul 29, 2010.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Once you have the bees trapped out, you have removed the cone for them to go back inside and rob out the honey what happens to all the wax?

Just wondering since I haven't dd a trap out.

:mrgreen: Al

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Since it has no honey left in it, it will just set there and deteriorate. It may take a few years, but it does no harm while there.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

With all of the honey and brood gone there will not be any mess oozing through the wall or other vermin after the brood and/or honey.

As Iddee said it will just sit there. I have done cut outs where there was an established colony in the same hole and if the wax is very old it will be dried out and brittle.

4. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Thanks for the question and answers. :thumbsup:

I was just thinking about that last night (I just really have to get a life!) :)

Walt

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

I did a removal in the eves of a house some time back. I figured a swarm had moved in many years ago and died out some winter as there was a whole bunch of dried brittle comb. I had decided that is one of the draws for the colony I was removing, that smell of comb.

Still wonder about wax moths if there is pollen stored?

Thanks for the answers.

:mrgreen: Al

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

wax moths will move in and do their deed also. Have found piles of wax moth mess at the bottoms of walls in between the studs.