quick hitches

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by reidi_tim, Apr 22, 2012.

1. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Are quick hitches worth the investment? Dad picked up quick hitch for our 7000 Ford but as I look into them you need to put bushings on all the implements. So you need bushings to go from cat 0 to cat 2 and so on. Has anyone played with this idea and is it worth the effort?

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Even without the quick hitch you would need bushings to go from cat 0 to cat 1 and so on. If you have a big tractor you will not want to pull cat 0 equipment with it, just too light and will be torn up pretty quick, especially pto driven equipment. The small low HP gear boxes can not handle the higher HP of a big tractor, trust me on that one!!

Have looked at them but really did not see any advantage, at least to myself. Best thing to do is buy a tractor for each piece of equipment, really cuts down on the hook up time :lol:

3. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Trust me dad is some what over kill when it comes to certain things. He bought a commercial grade 72" tiller for his tractor to till his 30 x 20 garden. I am looking for a 35 hp tractor just to keep dad from destroying to much equipment with the 94 hp tractor. Dad has a phd in chemical engineering and the thing about an engineer is you can tell one but you can't tell them much :lol:

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Dad's a smart man. I have 4 tractors and my garden is about 10 X20. :razz: :lol: