R Weaver??????

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by w_baker76, Mar 21, 2014.

1. w_baker76

w_baker76 New Member

Just wondering if anybody could tell me about any experience buying from R Weaver.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

the operation is named after Richard Weaver and is operated by his son Clint. I personally prefer the kind of product offered by BeeWeaver.

3. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

I started with Rweaver bees three years ago. They have done well for a beginner in a drought ridden area, but like Tecumseh I would go with BeeWeaver at this times. His bees are mite resistant and good honey producers.

4. jim314

jim314 New Member

Go with Bweaver. I haven't ordered a package for a couple of years but the last one I got from Rweaver arrived with small hive beetles in the package.

5. CatskillHoneyBee

CatskillHoneyBee New Member

My first packages last year, one from RWeaver and one from BWeaver.....had to requeen BWeaver because the queen died; they were very helpful and sent a new queen free of charge, but had to eventually requeen again with a local queen, the BWeaver queen was too aggressive! RWeaver Buckfast are the best! This hive produced so much honey I had to extract, and this was a new package. We got into the hives yesterday and RWeaver Buckfast bees were true to their nature; did not use much of their stored honey, we're not really interested in the pollen pattie and sugar board. The hive had plenty of seemingly healthy bees. I did have to treat for mites at the end of the summer...I would buy from them again.

6. Capt44

Capt44 New Member

I bought 2 packages in 2010 from BWeaver's Buckfast line.
    The bees once settled in were mean'ern who thought it.
    After a couple of years they've settled down but man were those gals aggressive.
    I would smoke the entrance then under the top.
    As soon as the top was opened here they'd come.
    My suit would have around 400 or so stingers in it in a very short time.
    They did produce honey but man those gals had 3 attitudes.

7. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

My first bees were the same. I was told AHB are in that area and probably did a little mating with the Queen. Once they were requeened with an Italian from Walter Kelly they were pleasant to be around. When I buy bees now I buy from up north.