Rain!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hobie, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Hobie

Hobie New Member

All you Texans are invited to visit and bring home as much rain as you want. BYOB (Bucket)!

It has been alternating between showers and absolute deluge here for 2 days, and another 2 predicted with no break. My house roof is leaking, and the barn overhang is flooded, but so far the basement is holding out and the beehive is on soggy but not flooded ground. Needless to say, my weekend plans to get a good start on the house winterizing have been scuttled. Argh!

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

You'll be ice skating before you know it Hobie. :lol: Jack

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

You are SO mean!!! :D

4. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Too bad your weekend plans are ruined! Maybe a weekend of rest and relaxation is in order?

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

If you don't get to your winterizing tasks, maybe you'll be able to open an indoor skating rink for the winter? :cry:
    I'm still waiting to see the first rain drops of this winter season--dry here since May!

6. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Thanks for the offer Hobie, but I think I'd spill it before I got home. :D

We got a little over an inch of rain last weekend. Everyone around us got 4-6". but an inch is OK. The additional rain may have added a bit more water to the pond.

[​IMG]

And this is more water than it had! I expect the monsoons any time now. :beg:

Walt

7. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Your poor frogs and turtles!

My husband just called from the marina where we keep our sailboat. They have floating piers that ride up and down 8" diameter steel pilings driven into the lakebed. Typically the tops of the pilings are at about waist-height when standing on the pier. Today, the pier is threatening to pop off over the tops of them! Wish I could send you some, Walt...

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Our one REAL lake, the "Sea" of Galilee, that supplies the majority of the country's water, is about 5 METERS below its optimum level (and still falling). If you had a way to pipe us some of your excess we'd be overjoyed to help ease your problem. :mrgreen: