rattle snake

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by riverrat, Jan 4, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

[​IMG]
    heres the ratler i had mounted i caught 2 years ago in waynoka oklahoma 59" this one is actual taxidermied not freeze dried rock and snake doen by eric couch of kissame kansas a world class artizan

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You need to set that out by the front door when you go on vacation :lol:

I have a good one about a racoon I will post later, got to go round up a cow to sell.

3. milapostol

milapostol New Member

May I ask how you kept it in such good shape while killing it? Perhaps that's a macabre question, but it doesn't appear damaged in any way!!!! I'm curious...

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Knowing the rat, the snake probably bit him and the snake died rather than the rat. :eek: :lol:

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Almost iddee. I actually put this one in the freezer for 24 hours being cold blooded reptiles this will do the trick If you look under its head to your left there was an absess on the underside of the head. When the taxidermist skined it out he said the snakes fang somehow had not retracted and bit down into the lower jaw. When we caught it we noticed the head was thicker on the bottom side than usually. He said it was absessed pretty bad. He went ahead and kept the shape since he likes to keep things like that on his mounts.