Recommended Reading for the Beginner Beekeeper

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by Charles, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Charles

Charles New Member

I come across different books available online all the time that are free so I thought I'd make a place here on the board to post them. If you find a good one post it here.

I'll start it off with a copy of "Beekeeping For All" by Abbé Warré. The copyright on the inside say's it is free use now but if it turns out otherwise I may have to pull it from the site. Here ya go:

Beekeeping For All

I posted this one before, it is one of my favorite beginner guides:

Beekeeping Basics

If you'd like to discuss the book start a new thread, lets keep this thread an uncluttered resource.

2. blinkG

blinkG New Member

Thank you, Charles, apart from reading a couple of threads on this interesting forum, this book will be the very first one I read on beekeeping - I hope that it has a glossary of beekeeping terms as I have no idea yet what anyone of them means. It is a totally fascinating farming practice! (can I call it that?) a hobby doesn't quite describe it for me. Anyhow, from an apartment - we have a terrace, uh-hum - in the centre of Barcelona, I am starting today to learn about beekeeping before next spring when I will hopefully be in a position to put into practice what I've learnt.

Great forum, thanks!

3. Charles

Charles New Member

Thanks blinkG and welcome to the forum! Take a look at the Beekeeping Basics pdf that I added to the original post, there is a great glossary of terms in that one...

Post any questions you may have, it's a very friendly group here :drinks: