Renos part 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Not near finished but enough to show a few before and after pics.
    The kitchen cupboards all have blum hardware drawers, the uppers have hopper style doors that lift up, granite counter.
    First pic is of my beautiful wife checking to see what it was I got her into in the first place! :shock: :lol:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    img]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv1/PerryBee/afterpics91Chestnut003.jpg[/img][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The last picture is of one of the 2 Electric Thermal Storage units, one in the basement and this one on the main floor. They provide all the heating for the entire house.
    As you can see, still no baseboards or window trim and still one door to replace. (all the runners you see are to accomodate our greyhound Rosie on the slippery floors!) :lol:

Hey, we're in and it's starting to feel like home. :yahoo:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Congratulations... I know you have to be a very happy couple.

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

looks great you brought that project a long ways :thumbsup:

4. jb63

jb63 New Member

I like your stone and hardwood,nice choices.

5. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Looks Great! :thumbsup:

So, Perry, I've been "fix'in" to do some remodeling, and since it gets cold where you are in the winter, was wondering... ;)

Walt

6. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Looks great Perry. No wonder you were gone from the forum for a while.
    Is that actual hardwood flooring, or laminate?
    I'm gonna re-do my floors and have been looking really hard at laminate. I like the price, I'm frugal. My wife sez cheap, but what does she know :lol:

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Walt: This one almost killed me, financially and spiritually. There were some pretty dark days when I wasn't sure what I had gotten us into.
    I don't think I've got another one left in me (still not finished with this one yet), got a whole basement yet to do (someday)!

Gunny: Hardwood, local yellow birch. You are right, laminate would have been cheaper and it is actually tougher, but this is hopefully our last house and we kind of went overboard in a few spots, wall to wall to wall hardwood was one area. The house has a new roof, all new windows, doors, complete new kitchen and bathroom, plumbing, appliances, electrical almost completely redone (200 amp), new heating system, etc. etc.
    If there were lots available in the neighborhood we probably would have been better of building new but there wasn't.

All I can offer for advice to anyone trying this is first and foremost:
    # 1 - have a solid relationship with your spouse (I can understand where the stress can affect a relationship :shock: :lol: ).
    # 2 - have more money than you think you need. :roll:
    # 3 - belong to a great forum where you can get some support when things aren't going so well. ;)

8. Charles

Charles New Member

Nice transformation, I especially like how you removed that closet to get the extra floor space! It's amazing how just a couple of extra feet can give you so much extra room...

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Good catch Charles. We tore down a few walls and reconfigured that end of the house and yup, got rid of the closet you noticed and found almost 3 extra feet!

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Looks really great Perry!! Now you can enjoy your hard labors.