Well, the big day(s) were finally here. Saturday morning I went to a friends place to help him with his hives. Then we came back to my place and removed three deeps to put on a vortex bee escape board with an empty box between the escape and the two brood deeps. Quite a bit of awkward lifting inside my bee shed to get all that done. About 6 hours later I removed the frames and brought them in. At that point there were about 5 to 10 bees/frame left, which I blew off with my mouth. It seems to me that blowing them off like that is a good way to inhale a bee, so I may try brushing next time. I did not use smoke for this part of it and one bee crawled into my hair and let me have it. That was my first "unprovoked" sting. Sunday I set up in the kitchen and started uncapping and extracting into some buckets I got free from a bakery. made a honey gate for the 5 gallon bucket out of a one inch irrigation shutoff valve from the hardware store. Next time I will use a larger diameter, because it takes forever to drain. My wife posted the honey for sale on a local facebook page. Sold 70 pounds at $5/lb within a day. That's all our surplus. Today I finished extracting the rest. Total so far this year is 140 lbs from one hive that was started as a 4 frame nuc at the end of may. There's probably another 30 pounds of surplus in the hive that they have not capped. I am totally amazed by the amount the bees have produced. What a great way to start out in beekeeping.