Reputable Fruit Tree Nurseries

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by Hog Wild, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Has anyone had recent luck with purchasing fruit trees from on-line nurseries ? I have read posts on several gardening websites and no one has anything positive to say!! Down right scary....

I plan on adding 25 more trees to our orchard this year, preferably Redhaven/Elberta peaches and Honeycrisp apples.

Thanks,
    Dave Bradley

2. Hawkster

Hawkster New Member

I have had really good luck with Millers Nursery in New York

3. Walt B

Walt B New Member

We were satisfied with Stark Brothers: trees were reasonably priced, arrived in good shape, and were of a good size.

Walt

4. Redcrane

Redcrane New Member

Ditto on Miller & Stark! There is a nursery up in Illinois (sp?) that goes by several names. Has to keep changing because of its bad reputation.. Whoever you check google the name & read on line comments.

5. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Stark Bros.! That's the one. I couldn't think of the name. I have ordered from them in the past. No problems.

6. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Thanks for the advice! There are several out there that keep changing their names and operating under multiple businesses.

Thanks Again!

7. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

I went with Stark Brothers and received some great looking bare root fruit tree's today. Nice root system, quick shipping and very helpful tips in package as well as from customer service representative. I would highly recommend these folks!