Returning beekeeper - from Wisconsin!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BSAChris, May 22, 2014.

1. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

Hi All,
    I've been a beekeeper for all of 2.5 years, the .5 being half of this year to date. I started the winter with 3 hives, had three live hives in March - and damn if 2 didn't die (I think froze) and so I ended up with 1. Split that, and added one package, so now I'm back to three :) Maybe that's just my manageable number.

Anyway, I had gone offline for a while and now I'm back to read all the thousands of posts that happened during my absence. Glad to be here again :)

​CHris

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

Glad you are back on he forum, sorry to hear your bee lost but sound like you are back in business.

​Ken

3. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

It was a cold wet spring in most areas. I would think the late winter loss was either queen failure and the population dwindled to nothing or they had brood and the weather turned cold and the bees wouldn't leave the brood to stay on the honey. because the weather didn't warn in time the bees starved. or they could have starved do to the amount of resources being fed to the new brood and with the cold the bloom was delayed.

4. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member