I finally got rib Bones my long time friend to join up here on the forum,and wanted to post his 2nd. cutout(the ones in the water meter box last Sat.)which is his first hive.Rib's been out to my place and helped me with hive inspections and just got hooked(you know how it is :lol: ). Most of this nest was brood mostly capped with not a drop of honey anywhere to be found :dontknow:,I'm guessing that they were getting food on a daily basis and maybe about to starve out. So here's the cut we did yesterday and the pics of course. An open nest about 17 ft. up in an oak tree This is after I sprayed some syrup on them and a few puffs of smoke which revealed a beautiful open nest. We didn't get the pics of me cutting the branch they were on or lowering it into the awaiting vent box because we kinda had our hands full. Here are the frames ready for the cutout which I'm trying sometime other than rubber bands to hold the comb in,using chicken wire formed and stapled to one side of a frame on the top bar,then after the comb is placed in the frame the other side is stapled,it works best if you form the wire tightly to the frame before you put in the comb,so so as the frames fit properly in the super.I got the idea from a guy that builds hives to sell at the bee workshop ABK holds once a month,and it was much easier than rubber band. Here's Rib Bones with the catch of the day. Here's one of the frames loaded with capped brood(almost the whole nest was like this).I noticed one of the comb was upside down(the one on the left),so we fixed it before we placed it in the hive. Here are the bees in the box right before we put them in the new hive I built Rib which is the second pic.Right before we did that we took the time to scan the box of bees for the queen,and after a few minutes we found her,I put my finger next to her and she hopped right on then I put my finger next to one the cutout frames and she hustled right on in.Sorry we didn't get that pic.After that we shook in the bees and replaced the remaining frames,which wasn't easy because there were so many bees in this cutout it took a while to slowly work them in as not to hurt the bees. So far in the last 24 hrs. Rib Bones said they're already on their 3 rd. quart of syrup,I don't doubt they were hungry after seeing they had no honey stores at all. Hope ya'll enjoy this,we had a blast doing it.